Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello, I am definitely a nubie here. I am not even sure if I am doing this right. I just uploaded a template and I get the following message.

Fatal error: Class ‘JParameter’ not found in /hermes/web12b/b1763/moo.globalfiremediacom/templates/ja_tube/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 44

I am not a developer. Just trying to successfully install this template. Is this the right place to ask this question? I apologize in advance if I am in the wrong place.

TomC Moderator

Greetings:

Might I inquire as to the method you used to upload/install your template?

alambtech Friend

Hi Tom, thank you for getting back to me. Your comments are helpful. The part that is perplexing to me is that I have installed templates successfully before and I have some sites up already. (I just get through somehow) But this is the first time I have seen the error. My site is being hosted by fat cow. I had to use “simple scripts” which I have never used before. I am not sure if that has anything to do with my problem. The way I installed it after simple scripts uploaded joomla to my hosted account was by unpacking the files and uploading the template along with the modules, components and plugins… then I set ja tube as my default and when I went to view the site I received the error message:

Fatal error: Class ‘JParameter’ not found in /hermes/web12b/b1763/moo.globalfiremediacom/templates/ja_tube/ja_menus/Base.class.php on line 44

I think I already know the “basics” of uploading a template. But I am stuck here.

TomC Moderator

While I know that many (if not most) swear as to the method of uploading/installing templates via the Extension Manager, I have been seeing more and more issues come up where errors are experienced. Call me archaic, but I still prefer the tried-and-true FTP method – which has rarely, if ever, caused me any problems.

Though I am sure this is no newflash for you, here is a STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL[/url] I wrote outlining the steps to take for installing a template using the quickstart installation process. As I mentioned, I use that method all the time when performing installations, and I generally never experience any issues (so long as permissions are set correctly and such, of course).

So, my recommendation to you would be to wipe the slate clean on your current Joomla install – including the “simple scripts” Joomla installation and your current database – and start fresh with a clean directory and database . . . and then try installing following the steps outlined within the linked tutorial above.

Let me know how that works for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum