Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I just downloaded the uber template and associated files. I followed the installation guide and installed the T3 Framework first, which worked fine. When I try to install uber.v2.0.3.zip the extension manager says, “Error No file selected. Unable to find install package”
    I have tried to do this several times on both Chrome and Safari. I am using a MacBook Pro.
    Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

TomC Moderator

Why not just install the quickstart package – which should install everything you need along with it?

If the Extension Manager install method isn’t working for you – try downloading the quickstart files to a folder on your desktop and then upload them to your webserver via FTP.

davidkanegsberg15 Friend

Thanks for the quick response TomC.
    Unfortunately, the quickstart package doesn’t work either. I am able to upload plugins through the extension manager, but when I try uploading the template, quickstart or jaextmanager component, I get the message “Error No file selected. Unable to find install package”.
    Any idea why that might be happening?
    Thanks

davidkanegsberg15 Friend

Just found a thread that seems to explain it. It’s a problem in Joomla 3.4

davidkanegsberg15 Friend

Found the fix. It is a problem specific to Joomla 3.4.0. It should be fixed in the next version.
    Here is the fix from
    https://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/294-fixing-the-joomla-340-extensions-installer-bug.html

Applying the fix manually can be done with minimum knowledge:

Open your FTP account, connect to your website and go to the administrator/components/com_installer/models/ folder. FileZilla is a good FTP client if you’re not familiar with them. Your hosting provider should provide you with a username and password to connect to your website’s FTP.
    Create a backup of install.php (download it to your computer) just in case.
    Edit install.php (on your website) with a text editor. If you don’t have one, I strongly suggest you check out Notepad++.
    Replace:

$userfile = $input->files->get(‘install_package’, null, ‘array’);

With:

$userfile = $input->files->get(‘install_package’, null, ‘raw’);

Scroll down the file to find:

JFile::upload($tmp_src, $tmp_dest);

And replace this one with:

JFile::upload($tmp_src, $tmp_dest, false, true);

Just save the file – if you’re using FileZilla it will automatically prompt you to re-upload the modified file. If not, you’ll need to upload it manually.
    After the changes are done, try again to install the extension you were having trouble with – it should work properly.

naamabl Friend

Thank you very much, it’s working!!!:D

TomC Moderator

Glad you were able to get things working . . . All the best with your continuing site development 🙂

eagledk Friend

<em>@davidkanegsberg15 461989 wrote:</em><blockquote>Found the fix. It is a problem specific to Joomla 3.4.0. It should be fixed in the next version.
    Here is the fix from
    https://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/294-fixing-the-joomla-340-extensions-installer-bug.html

Applying the fix manually can be done with minimum knowledge:

Open your FTP account, connect to your website and go to the administrator/components/com_installer/models/ folder. FileZilla is a good FTP client if you’re not familiar with them. Your hosting provider should provide you with a username and password to connect to your website’s FTP.
    Create a backup of install.php (download it to your computer) just in case.
    Edit install.php (on your website) with a text editor. If you don’t have one, I strongly suggest you check out Notepad++.
    Replace:

$userfile = $input->files->get(‘install_package’, null, ‘array’);

With:

$userfile = $input->files->get(‘install_package’, null, ‘raw’);

Scroll down the file to find:

JFile::upload($tmp_src, $tmp_dest);

And replace this one with:

JFile::upload($tmp_src, $tmp_dest, false, true);

Just save the file – if you’re using FileZilla it will automatically prompt you to re-upload the modified file. If not, you’ll need to upload it manually.
    After the changes are done, try again to install the extension you were having trouble with – it should work properly.</blockquote>

Just what I needed… 🙂

eagledk Friend

<em>@TomC 461970 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why not just install the quickstart package – which should install everything you need along with it?</blockquote>

TomC I’m sorry to say, but the all quickstart packages (for all templates) contains a lot of unnessary crap, and some of us like oure website simple and CLEAN.

And beyound that, I like to set the complete site up my self, so I know how every things work and how like modules are configured.

That’s why I will never ever use a quickstart package. 🙂

So you see the quickstart package isn’t the answer for every thing. 🙂

spikesantee Friend

Here is an easier way without modifying your code. I’m not a programmer so I had to figure out a way to get the work done until Joomla modifies the code.

#1 Way – Unzip the package and upload to your site’s /tmp directory and then use Install from Directory.

#2 Way – Unzip the package and then rezip it up again and then try installing.

Both techniques worked for m.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  spikesantee 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum