Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I realize there have been several requests for both in the past. Most end up with the comment that templates can be changed to suit other purposes by the user. While this is true, there are a large number of travel/tourism and real estate websites that could benefit from the use of Joomla and a suitable template designed specifically for that use. There were some good ones out there but nothing new in a very long time.

Sure we can alter a business template or a news template to fit our purpose, but it would be nice to have 1 template that was designed by the team that combines the features and visual appeal needed for a good real estate and/or travel/tourism site. For once it would be nice to be able to start with a template that needs only minor changes to get online rather than a complete overhaul to have it work with other Realty components or reservation components.

With the new framework, it maybe that the external components required are now not necessary, if the site could be designed from the beginning with the end purpose in mind. Afterall, each property listing is simply a article with formating for features, descriptions, pricing and some photos. A hotel or a place for rent is the same. Agents are editors. Add a contact form for obtaining additional info or a reservation form to send in and we’re almost there.

Please, someone take up the cause and give us a template for realestate and for tourism. Two huge markets…..

Cheers.

uniquebiz Friend

aardcom;180564I realize there have been several requests for both in the past. Most end up with the comment that templates can be changed to suit other purposes by the user. While this is true, there are a large number of travel/tourism and real estate websites that could benefit from the use of Joomla and a suitable template designed specifically for that use. There were some good ones out there but nothing new in a very long time.

Sure we can alter a business template or a news template to fit our purpose, but it would be nice to have 1 template that was designed by the team that combines the features and visual appeal needed for a good real estate and/or travel/tourism site. For once it would be nice to be able to start with a template that needs only minor changes to get online rather than a complete overhaul to have it work with other Realty components or reservation components.

With the new framework, it maybe that the external components required are now not necessary, if the site could be designed from the beginning with the end purpose in mind. Afterall, each property listing is simply a article with formating for features, descriptions, pricing and some photos. A hotel or a place for rent is the same. Agents are editors. Add a contact form for obtaining additional info or a reservation form to send in and we’re almost there.

Please, someone take up the cause and give us a template for realestate and for tourism. Two huge markets…..

Cheers.

Having attempted a real estate site development, I don’t think it’s as easy as designing a template to suit from scratch, I still think there is a need for the realty extensions etc to make the site work properly.

These few extensions/components all are different, have idiosyncracies and many css conflicts with Joomla 1.5. Perhaps what you wish for may be more viable once Joomla 1.6 is here and been in RTM for a few months.

Given the core changes and added stuff maybe the use of component based realty will be replace as you hope with use of built in features. Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable K2 users could comment can K2 contribute to achieving a realty site?

Blessings Shannon

aardcom Friend

This is a typical response, not that it may not be valid. The point is this has been the argument for years. Wait for 1.5, now wait for 1.6. Wait for the component updates. It’s been several years, and there is no template for tourism or real estate that has been featured here, yet several versions for other markets.

If a realty template is too difficult or complicated, what about a tourism or travel template. Nothing here for those markets either, yet both are huge markets and there are thousands of sites out there waiting for updates.

My point is that rather than designing templates for generic business or generic media, pick a business type that hasn’t been done and design a template for it. Show us by demonstration what is possible or what can be accomplished that we may not have thought of. There are several templates available here that have incorporated unique modules and really demonstrate the great possibilities of templates.

Don’t keep waiting for the next major change. There will always be major changes. Just keep diversifing the template layouts to cover a wider range of businesses. There are hundreds to choose from. Realty or tourism/travel are just two examples. It’s just my wishlist, a theme suggestion and possibly two that others would like to see as well.

uniquebiz Friend

aardcom;180681This is a typical response, not that it may not be valid. The point is this has been the argument for years. Wait for 1.5, now wait for 1.6. Wait for the component updates. It’s been several years, and there is no template for tourism or real estate that has been featured here, yet several versions for other markets.

If a realty template is too difficult or complicated, what about a tourism or travel template. Nothing here for those markets either, yet both are huge markets and there are thousands of sites out there waiting for updates.

My point is that rather than designing templates for generic business or generic media, pick a business type that hasn’t been done and design a template for it. Show us by demonstration what is possible or what can be accomplished that we may not have thought of. There are several templates available here that have incorporated unique modules and really demonstrate the great possibilities of templates.

Don’t keep waiting for the next major change. There will always be major changes. Just keep diversifing the template layouts to cover a wider range of businesses. There are hundreds to choose from. Realty or tourism/travel are just two examples. It’s just my wishlist, a theme suggestion and possibly two that others would like to see as well.

My typical response may be because I’m a typical user 🙂 with typical small design needs, no ambitions to go into specific vertical markets or industries, However, I realise the need to service some of the bigger industries and niche markets. I’m just a small time player and like the relaxed way doing business that status affords me.

The problem with specifically design for a industry templates etc is that only a few of us will use them. I have no need for a car yard/sales template as all the major car yards big franchises do there own. Same for medical sites such as medical centres, holistic retreats, the big franchised pathology, they all do there own being huge chain type organisations. They often have their own web design team employed. I can’t compete with that.

So that being true, if Ja delivers a medical specific template, it’s one I cannot use at all. add other similarly niche markets like Real Estate, Motor Vehicle Sales (by Brand, such as Holden, Ford, or Toyota specific) and Tourism, and I’m going to have 4 or more templates in a year that only delivers 12 templates I can’t use. Yet have paid for. So it’s a bummer for me and small web designers/firms, that I believe make up the majority of JA template members given the amt of help requests here 😉
    I’d love to see a separate Joomla club for “Professionals” that WILL make industry specific templates. Then good folk such as you, can join that and push JA to deliver the totally specific sites that the various industries may need.

Please send a suggestion to JA, it would be interesting to see their response and such. In your business YOU may be able to attract those particular clients I can’t or chose not too, that’s why from an overall business perspective JA designs more generic than specific templates, I do see your point, but for a mass membership it’s unrealistic. While as a value added thing JA may do well to offer a niche market club as an option.

Thanks for raising your points and giving me & hopefully others food for thought and a good area for discussion. maybe a mod may like to open a dedicated thread for this discussion and present us with a poll. I’ll PM Avind with this request.
    Blessings Shannon

didima Friend

well sometimes never understand, because there isnt any decent travel or estate agent templates on the market and would be nice to see here. some templates dosent indicate any business needs

uniquebiz Friend

didima;181015well sometimes never understand, because there isnt any decent travel or estate agent templates on the market and would be nice to see here. some templates dosent indicate any business needs

Again not everyone that runs a design company needs or wants real estate and tourism templates. I live in Australia a big big company called RP Data runs and manages a huge online real estate business that all major real estates join and use to gather data of all available real estate for rent, sale etc

http://www.realestate.com.au

They use a boilerplate templates they offer to members so 90 plus percent of real estate agents in Australia do NOT want or need individual web sites or the biggest have in house designers

Tourism? As I said I’m in Australia, north of Brisbane look at any major tourism spot here, Gold Coast , Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Cairns, Townsville /Barrier Reef
    and most major councils contract their employed web team to build tourism web sites instead of the district having their own.

I’m sure Oz is not just the only tourist driven destination that has state and council pushed web design from internal sources, even the smalll source of travel agents that MAY employ you and I to make a “tourism” (destination) site have there own in house systems these days being big franchises

So here in Oz the opportunity and need for these specific templates is minimal

My 2 cents worth
    Shannon

didima Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 181019 wrote:</em><blockquote>Again not everyone that runs a design company needs or wants real estate and tourism templates. I live in Australia a big big company called RP Data runs and manages a huge online real estate business that all major real estates join and use to gather data of all available real estate for rent, sale etc

http://www.realestate.com.au

They use a boilerplate templates they offer to members so 90 plus percent of real estate agents in Australia do NOT want or need individual web sites or the biggest have in house designers

Tourism? As I said I’m in Australia, north of Brisbane look at any major tourism spot here, Gold Coast , Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Cairns, Townsville /Barrier Reef
    and most major councils contract their employed web team to build tourism web sites instead of the district having their own.

I’m sure Oz is not just the only tourist driven destination that has state and council pushed web design from internal sources, even the smalll source of travel agents that MAY employ you and I to make a “tourism” (destination) site have there own in house systems these days being big franchises

So here in Oz the opportunity and need for these specific templates is minimal

My 2 cents worth
    Shannon</blockquote>

well we just need templates that related to many business but l think travel, estate agent and mews magazine is always main needs in every town so would be nice or like a portal. however lets search until we found right one 😉

uniquebiz Friend

didima;181020well we just need templates that related to many business but l think travel, estate agent and mews magazine is always main needs in every town so would be nice or like a portal. however lets search until we found right one 😉

That may be true of the UK scene wher you have so many counties and small towns that have no other business than tourism and news. Given time and the T3 modular approach to Joomlla why haven’t you designed your own tourism template if the need is so great you’d be a millionaire in a week;)

Me I haven’t the skills, need or time esp to support it if I made it
    Shannon

didima Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 181025 wrote:</em><blockquote>That may be true of the UK scene wher you have so many counties and small towns that have no other business than tourism and news. Given time and the T3 modular approach to Joomlla why haven’t you designed your own tourism template if the need is so great you’d be a millionaire in a week;)

Me I haven’t the skills, need or time esp to support it if I made it
    Shannon</blockquote>

what ever you say just dosent makes any sense, and dont know what you trying to say. dont forget you are here for templates and l do have my own travel templates.

aardcom Friend

Perhaps you miss my point uniquebiz. Teline was developed as a generic news portal. Judging by the downloads it is used by a lot of designers and web developers as a base or starting point. It’s specific to a particular market but adaptable to many others with a few features relevant to a news portal. It’s a great template for a specific purpose and was one that attraxted me to Joomlart in the first place.

There are several versions of templates for media/video as well. While I don’t have a need for video sales, the template could be used for other sites just as easily. A political blog theme does not interest me but it could also be used for other purposes.

A real estate portal could similarily be posted that has components for featured properties or slide show component for a property. Same features for a hotel in a travel portal. It’s just a template. Perhaps seeing a template designed for a different market would give you a new idea for another market. It’s an opportunity for integrating components for inquiries(forms), agents(users), clients(members) slideshows etc. That’s what a template is.

While the market in Aussieland may be controlled by 2 web design firms, I can assure you there is a huge market for just these 2 markets in Canada and the rest of the world. Every real estate agent would like there own site if they could update it themselves, instead of using the main company site. Same for travel agencies. Yes the corporate side has there own branded site, but individuals sometimes want there own info out there. At least the good ones do. Joomla makes the management side that much simpler, once the overall theme and layout is in place.

As far as your recommendation for a market club…I thought this was a place to list requests and wishlists, which I’ve done. I’d also suggest a photography template, and maybe a eco-product oriented site.

Regards….

flylink Friend

Thanks for sharing the information.. I am glad I visited here and come to know about such templates.. Itas a great resource for me.. I will definitely look forward to it..

denise Friend

With joomla 1.6, I believe a real estate component for data modeling with a well done will remedy this deficiency. Compare it to the Joomla! 1.6 with other open source CMSs such as, for example, the open realty, I see a much greater chance of success with the first.

TomC Moderator

For a Travel/Tourism Site . . . JA TRAVEL –> http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_travel

For Real Estate . . . JA PORTFOLIO –> http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_portfolio

😎

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum