Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

C’mon guys, you and Rockettheme have been trading blows on these transparency templates. How about instead of just making a template you get a designer to come up with 3-4 design concepts and then let the community vote on them?

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@jvalal 53736 wrote:</em><blockquote>C’mon guys, you and Rockettheme have been trading blows on these transparency templates. How about instead of just making a template you get a designer to come up with 3-4 design concepts and then let the community vote on them?</blockquote>

And to have endless discussion about different opinions and tastes?

There are more than 18K of club members, just imagine, if just third of them writes what they want to see, or what they like or dislike. Also, important thing here is that we have 2 TEMPLATES PER MONTH, what is more than on other template developers, don’t forget about it. I’ve never seen polls about new design concepts on others sites, and still here, I am getting 2 TEMPLATES 😉

Maybe, we can vote if we want more dark or light templates, but asking for more is rude by my opinion. Specially, when most of us complain about lack of support (I WAS one of them).

jvalal Friend

I think the community should ask for what they want or like. Have you not heard of user centered design? This is where businesses, both big and small look to the user to decide what product they release yet, or come up with ideas. I am merely suggesting a different way to approach the design process that may yield different results. And I have seen polls on other template sites displaying 2 templates and asking the users to vote. Not once did I mention anything about MORE.

prakdis Friend

but i find JA designs are among the best in the market and it come with 2 free templates every mth for the member..

for your request, i believe JA will work on it

cheers

jvalal Friend

Never stated the tempates weren’t good. They are good. However if you are on the web for any amount of time most sties have a white background, most web 2.0 sites are clean, with a white background. I think the dark transparent plates have a limited audience. It’s my opinion, I am entitled to it. Take a look at the web 2.0 sites, the leaders in ease of use and simplicity and you won’t see hardly any dark templates. Another reason for this is when you try to integrate images on a dark backgrond with an alpha transparency it looks like crap, which is also limiting.

neel99 Friend

Too many things on the template. Too busy.

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@jvalal 53813 wrote:</em><blockquote>Never stated the tempates weren’t good. They are good. However if you are on the web for any amount of time most sties have a white background, most web 2.0 sites are clean, with a white background. I think the dark transparent plates have a limited audience. It’s my opinion, I am entitled to it. Take a look at the web 2.0 sites, the leaders in ease of use and simplicity and you won’t see hardly any dark templates. Another reason for this is when you try to integrate images on a dark backgrond with an alpha transparency it looks like crap, which is also limiting.</blockquote>

That is one of reasons why I’ve mentioned in earlier post, that we can vote if we want dark or light template, but we can not ask JA to deliver us 3-4 future concepts or backgrounds, and then to vote about them.

And since, obviously, you didn’t understand me (sorry for that), I haven’t talk about delivering more templates, but only design solutions.

fortest Friend

I personally think the latest template looks nice.

You can’t please all people at all times.

bossep Friend

I develop websites for others for a living except for a few pet projects that’s mine.
    So one of the reasons I am a member here is the variety of templates I get for my membership.
    I can find something that at least remotely suits my clients.
    This template came in as something God sent for one of my clients that wanted something mysterious and dark to showcase his photos. Ease of use was secondary to him as it will be pretty small and just contain some specific areas of interest. Slide shows, Albums and probably a shopping cart in the future.
    In short this is for a narrow audience.
    I am also using Teline for another site. A News Magazine ware clarity and ease of use is premium.
    In short the WOW factor is different for different audiences and clients.
    Keep them coming JA! But make sure quality is set before quantity. There I got it again. Better 1 a month that are good than 2 messy ones. (Isn’t it amazing that I manage to get this in all the time?)

Bosse

Sherlock Friend

Hi all
    Thanks for all ideas.
    If anyone have any errors, plz post on forum, then maybe send link via PM for me, I will try to help
    Regards

jantunes Friend

I will have to agree that Galena, although not suitable for everybody and everything, is a special template for some uses. Iam trying to get a museum to use it as a way to get away from the clean Web 2.0 vision (whatever that means). It just fits the ambiance of the museum and that I think is important when going to the web.

I also use Teline II on my photography magazine website and I enjoy the clear slate it offers. I agree that JA has to offer choices for everybody (I think they have, look at the new Mesolite, righ in time for Virtuamart…) and that the option to have dark and light solutions is good (I would like to see what coulb be done with a light Galena, for example…) but Iam as a whole happy with having choosen JA. I do look at other offerings and sometimes find interesting things there (sometimes to flashy for my taste, I must say) but I think the challenge here is to get a template and start from there to build your dream. That’s what Joomla and templates are all about.

Sorry if I took your time, I just felt that I had to say this. and one last thing… please people at JA do iron out the bugs that do creep on the templates. That’s something that will make everybody, and I mean everybody, happy!

mj1256 Friend

remember, templates are just a foundation t work with. The user should be customizing them.

You know, if they are to busy, turn off some of the modules, if they are the dark, or too bright, change out the graphics.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum