Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I create transparant PNG images the thumbnails created have a black background instead of transparant, how can I fix this? I’m using photoshop cs5 and saving the PNG properly.

Best regards,

Henry

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Henry – while not really a Joomlart issue, I’ll try to help.

With your document open in Photoshop:
    Goto: FILE > SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES >
    In the Parameters make sure your preset is PNG-24 and that the TRANSPARENCY is checked.

You should be good to go, mate.
    John.

hpeeters Friend

Hi John,

Thanks for you reply trying to help me! I’m saving the file as you mention and I also tried different approaches but the background stays black. I really think it has something to do with the template, maybe something with the resizing of the pictures, I hope someone can shine I light on the issue. Maybe you’ve got more ideas?

Regards,

Henry

John Wesley Brett Moderator

If it was a PNG file originally (before editing) did you open it in Photoshop as a PNG or indexed file? GIFs will do the same thing.

Without being able to see exactly what you are talking about, I would only be making guesses and wasting both of our time.
    Can you provide more exact information…for instance the exact image you are working with?

hpeeters Friend

Hi John,

Well actually I “solved” it already by saving the images with the proper background color, not the most professional solution but it does the trick. Currently i’m quite busy so I haven’t got the time to figure this out. Probably later on i’ll check it again.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Rgds,

Henry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hpeeters 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum