Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I really like this template however it would be great to use Transmenu with it. Is this at all possible?

Thanks.

Hung Dinh Friend

In fact we have tried Moomenu (quite the same as Transmenu) but the result is quite disapointed and we decided not to inlude Moomenu into the template

redlight_traitor Friend

Yea, I would totally pay for this feature even if it doesn’t look that good.

redlight_traitor Friend

alright, I figured it out myself for anyone who wants to know… just PM me.

In case you’re wondering what I did,

I edited the template’s index.php and the template.css files. A good way to build a new menu is to just copy the html and css codes from another template that has the menu that you like. Do make sure to remember that if the other menu uses javascript or moo or comes with its own script file, that you should copy those files over too and make sure to note them in the index.php file. Goodluck.

mfcphil Friend

Hi Redlight

maybe you would like to share what you did in a bit more detail in the Template Modifications section 🙂

redlight_traitor Friend

Good idea. The reason why I didn’t put any actual coding is because everyone will be copying over a different menu. I copied the menu in okto from bonusthemes.com but everyone might be copying a different menu which means different html/css edits.

The general idea is whatever menu you decide to use from another template, do this in this order:

1) Go through the template’s index.php and copy the entire div code that contains the menu. [With this code, paste it anywhere in your current template where you’d like it to be.]
    2) Look through the index.php and the forums to see if the menu uses mootools, javascript, or any other fancy script effects. If so, make sure you copy the script lines at the beginning of the template that include specific script files, to your new template’s index.php
    3) Go into the template’s CSS files and copy the CSS code that addresses the div’s that contained the menu. Copy this CSS code to the template CSS file in the template you want to use. If you see that your current template is already using that div name, then rename it to something else.
    4) If the menu uses any images, be sure to copy the images from the template’s image folder and paste them in the image folder of the template you want to use.

Does that help?

brownie Friend

I would like to change the type of menu (I like moomenu), I tried but without success :((
    I think that my error is I get the wrong div code …
    I get
    <!– BEGIN: MAIN NAVIGATION –>
    <div id=”ja-mainnav”>
    <?php
    //Gen menu for CSS, MOO
    //Gen first level menu for Split, Dropline
    $jamenu->genMenu (0);
    ?>
    </div>
    <!– END: MAIN NAVIGATION –>
    and I copy it on the index.php but the menu remains the same

what div code I must copy?

thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi
    Do you have any succesful ?

brownie Friend

no, unfortunately I had no success :(( I ‘ll change template

redlight_traitor Friend

For future reference, you can go on elance.com and pay somebody like $100 to add a dropdown menu to a template. These programmers can do it within 24 hours!

elizabeth Friend

I look around for any kind of help to change the menu to something useful and pretty and at last I found this extension: http://www.swmenupro.com/ for 50 us you get an amazing menu with images, transmenu, and a lot of things!!! Hope it helps, you can see it in http://www.2bein.com or the next week in http://www.babycreysi.com

Hope it helps!!!

Kind regards,
    Elizabeth

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  elizabeth 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum