Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

http://www.friendlyskies.net/uhc/

I used Transmenu 2 for the topmenu with black background. So far it works well in Firefox and Opera, but in IE the submenus are shifted quite a bit and the entire menu is centered rather than left-justified.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

mattjoswick Friend

in firefox i see your top nav jump to a second line? and only drop down is on one button, right?

any progress? i’m interested in browser compatibility.

cheers

patrick2 Friend

I am facing the same problem on http://www.abourjeily.com
    It works fine under Firefox but under IE6 and IE7 the menu are shifted and truncated.
    Also I noticed the text is centered in the submenus instead of being left aligned.

Has anyone come up with a fix… ?
    Thanks in advance

dpk Friend

It looks like patrick2 got it working on his site, but it’s a problem on mine! I’m going to raid his code, but if he or anyone else can give me a quick description of the solution, that would be nice!

cohen Friend

Hey all, in your index.php file go to the bit of code that reads;

<?php mosLoadModules ( ‘user3’, -1); ?>

Remove the ‘-1’ so that it reads;

<?php mosLoadModules ( ‘user3’); ?>

This should solve the issue

slaghue Friend

I tried this, but my sub menus are still offset against the main menu item. The behaviour is constant over IE and FireFox.

Will have to test first before I can go live with this.

colchiro Friend

Here’s the fix for the IE issues you’re describing….
    In your transmenu.js file, find function initSize(). After the elmCache[“content”].style.height line add one line:

elmCache[“content”].style.left=0;

If you were to add this after the [“clip”].style.height section above, you’d see what the problem is:

elmCache[“clip”].style.backgroundColor=”#f00″;

colchiro Friend

I noticed the problem started in IE when I used a doctype of xhtml strict or transitional.

Now if someone can get this to work in Netscape 6.2, I can die happy.

colchiro Friend

Guess my Netscape issue was a setup issue since I’m not seeing it now.

Did the code change I posted on 5/22 help anyone? This thread’s had lots of reads since, but I’ve received no feedback.

cubefree Friend

I think the culprit, cause I had this too… is the width of your A mainlevel tags

a.mainlevel-trans:link, a.mainlevel-trans:visited {
    font-family:Geneva, sans-serif;
    display: block;
    background: url(img/mainlevel.png) no-repeat;
    vertical-align: middle;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 25px;
    color: #000000;
    text-align: left;
    margin: 0px;
    text-indent: 25px;
    height: 25px !important;
    height: 25px;
    width: 100%;
    text-decoration: none;
    width: 160px !important;
    width: 160px;
    }

I removed my padding attribute as this was adding space around the menu items. I used text-indent instead.

PS I tried every suggestion above as well and none of them affected the problem.

colchiro Friend

Hi CubeFree.

I use width:auto, since my menu is dynamic. Text-indent:15px looks the same as padding:0 15px on my site. Tried once to increase the space along the right but got nowhere. (Maybe there’s an overflow setting somewhere or I clobbered something in the conversion.)

What’s the significance of the arrow.png? Doesn’t work for me.

You using xhtml strict?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  colchiro 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum