Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have managed to translated most of the Larix template and associated extensions in the Virtuemart bundle.
    It has been a long process of altering the index.php file, creating ini files, altering css files and so on.

There are only two remaining areas to beat.

1)The first is the Currency Selector module.
    This is not visible in the backend of Joomfish and unlike every other module I cannot get at the title. I have translated the currencies it displays but the title eludes me. Clearly it is coming from the title given to the module when it is configured. I presume this text then is stored in the database but I cannot get a Joomfish xml file to show it up in the back end – I have not read of anyone who has mastered this.

2)The second is the “Add to cart” buttons in the featured product module.
    These buttons are coded for in ja-vm.css. They are in the images folder of the template.

ja-vm.css

a.addtocart {
    text-indent: -2000px;
    display: block;
    width: 90px;
    height: 30px;
    background: url(../images/button-addtocart.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    outline: none;
    }
    .addtocart_button_module {
    text-indent: -2000px;
    display: block;
    width: 90px;
    height: 30px;
    background: url(../images/button-addtocart.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    outline: none;
    border:0px;
    }

In other cases I have modified the index.php file and appropriate css file by inserting code which switches images; eg;

(in the index.php file)

<!– php to switch the logo with Joomfish –>

<?php if ($this->language==”es-es”)

echo “<h1 class=”logo_es”>”;

elseif ($this->language==”de-de”)
    echo “<h1 class=”logo_de”>”;

elseif ($this->language==”fr-fr”)
    echo “<h1 class=”logo_fr”>”;

else echo “<h1 class=”logo”>”; ?>

<a href=”index.php”><?php echo $tmpTools->sitename();?></a></h1>

This switches the logo depending on which one of four languages are running at the time.

The problem is I cannot find where the css is on the template or module php file so as to modify it with the “elseif” php statement.

Does anyone know where this is to be found in the files???

Sherlock Friend

Hi stbrides !
    1. About the first issue :
    What’s Currency Selector module ?? i can’t find it in larix quickstart . you can send url of your site, so i can see it.
    2. About the second issue , you can translate text of add to cart button , this is a image : templates/ja_larix/images/button-addtocart.gif you must modify image to change text on it.

stbrides Friend

http://www.askspain.org/e-shop

The currency selector has been the topic of a number of posts on Joomfish and Virtuemart.
    A poster asked about this in May 2008 on Joomfish and a “bug” was said to have been found.

http://www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1109&p=11495&hilit=currency+selector#p11495
    The suggestion is that it was in hand but it stll has javascript errors appearing on the screen when you try to save translations in the backend with Joomfish.

Second point – the add to cart buttons appear because they are written into the css – js-vm.css
    The buttons are in the template folder.
    Chaning the gifs in photoshop is easy enough.
    The problem is not that it is getting them to change as the user switches to another language.
    By using the php elseif statement I can do this – basically I modify the css file giving different versions for the different languages and each version codes for its own button.
    I could I guess load different css files depending on the language but I had been modifying the original css files with a few lines. What I need to know is where is the coding that writes the actual css to the html document that puts the buttons on the screen?
    For example I found the css class “logo” in the index.php file for Larix and so created classes logo_es, logo_fr and logo_de which put different logos on the page, the appropiate css class was written to the page using the php elseif statement.

As a solution to the currency selector – I will call it Buro de Change – this is one of those terms that is so wide spread that it looks OK whatever the language is.

stbrides Friend

I have solved the problem
    I still do not have any idea where the coding is to actually put the “add to cart” buttons on the page. But fortunately my browser does.

I decide it would be easier and easier in future to simply create different versions of the css files for each language.
    The buttons are coded for in these – in the Spanish css file for example I replace the image file of the English button and put the Spanish button.
    I then code in the head of the template where the css files are written that when Joomfish switches the language of the site over to Spanish the Spanish css files are used – and so the Spanish buttons are placed on the page.

It was much easier to do it this way rather than hacking into the original css files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  stbrides 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum