Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve installed and configured this lovely addon according to the dockumentation, but yet – I cant get the translation to work. I’ve set the default language to Norwegian and the 2nd one (which we want it translated to, to English) – I run the “Translate all” option, and it runs just fine – But I cant see or find any translated content at all?

Thanks in advance

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

The issue occured because Bing translator does not support Norskbokml Norway language.
    You can check the list of language that Bing supports via:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh456380.aspx

casix Friend

The list on bing says it supports it – no (Norwegian)

Norway have 2 languages РThe normal/standard Norwegian (Norsk bokm̴l, which is listed on Bing)

And the 2nd language, Norsk Nynorsk (Which is not listed on bing)

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

The normal Norwegian language is supported by Bing, however the language package you installed for your site has language code that does not match with Norwegian language code in Bing.

In the language manager page, see the language Tag column, you can see language Tag of Norwegian is nb-NO, which “nb” refers to language code and “NO” to country code (see the language code column, in Bing, the Norwegian’s language code is no).

Please check in Joomla community to see if it has a Norwegian language package that has a language tag is like ‘no-NO’. if it does, you can download and install it for your site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum