Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am using the Danish translations i Joomla and K2. No problems except for one:

In the puresite_blog – and all the K2 blog pages all words are Danish except for “By”, “Comment” and “- Read this entry”

Is it hardcoded???

Can anyone guide me to where to look? I have been through all the php for the template and I can’t find it.

Frank

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@planetstar 314576 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am using the Danish translations i Joomla and K2. No problems except for one:

In the puresite_blog – and all the K2 blog pages all words are Danish except for “By”, “Comment” and “- Read this entry”

Is it hardcoded???

Can anyone guide me to where to look? I have been through all the php for the template and I can’t find it.

Frank</blockquote>

You can check this out by going to K2 Blog page, search for “By”, “Comment” and “- Read this entry”, if they are hardcoded, you can fix this by going to K2 component .ini file under language folder. If those are not already in the file, you have to add them in here.

Hope it helps. If not, ping me again! Love to help!

planetstar Friend

Hi

I’m kind of lost here after spending two hours looking in all the php files I can think of.

I have checked the K2 component .ini file in the language folder. The translations are there.

What K2 blog file is the one I have to check?

You can take a look at my sandbox site:

http://stjerne.org/index.php/puresite-blog/testeholdet.html

Everything (except for the Lorem ipsum text) is in correct translated Danish in K2. In Danish “By” should be “Skrevet af” and “in” should be “skrevet i”. If you look at the core Joomla pages everything is correct:

http://stjerne.org/index.php/Holdninger/testing-byline.html

By Frank Stjerne is “Skrevet af Frank Stjerne” (written by Frank Stjerne).

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@planetstar 314782 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi

I’m kind of lost here after spending two hours looking in all the php files I can think of.

I have checked the K2 component .ini file in the language folder. The translations are there.

What K2 blog file is the one I have to check?

You can take a look at my sandbox site:

http://stjerne.org/index.php/puresite-blog/testeholdet.html

Everything (except for the Lorem ipsum text) is in correct translated Danish in K2. In Danish “By” should be “Skrevet af” and “in” should be “skrevet i”. If you look at the core Joomla pages everything is correct:

http://stjerne.org/index.php/Holdninger/testing-byline.html

By Frank Stjerne is “Skrevet af Frank Stjerne” (written by Frank Stjerne).</blockquote>

Hmm we need a bit time to look at this, will update you asap 😉

planetstar Friend

I just made a complete fresh install of the puresite quickstart pack on XAMPP. I just installed, changed nothing, then I installed the Danish language pack for Joomla and the Danish language pack for K2. Then I went to the language manager and changed the default language for the whole site. Joomla and K2 change into Danish they way they are supposed to do. BUT the By, In and Comment is NOT translated.

Just to confirm, that this is NOT working out of the box.

Sherlock Friend

Hi planetstar,

I don’t know exactly where those texts By, In and Comment are located , can you let me know in more details ? a attach screenshot is great .

planetstar Friend

I have also installed German. Same problem. Everything is translated except for this.

1. notdanish
    jcsanjurjo Friend

Hi @planetstar, @ja Developer, @sherlock Holmes, I have the same problem here. Did you find any solution? Where is the file to be translated?

Thanks for your assistance

joan carles

planetstar Friend

Sorry, no. I never found a solution. I found another theme from another vendor that works.

This theme is not working.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Guys
    Please open file templatesja_puresitehtmlcom_k2templatespuresite_blogitem.php and find “By”, “Comment” and “- Read this entry” as key words: JText::_(‘by’), JText::_(‘Comment’), JText::_(‘K2_MORE_IN_THIS_CATEGORY’) .
    Please change keywords by, Comment to BY and COMMENT
    Next step, you go to k2 language file and translate 3 keywords: BY, COMMENT, K2_MORE_IN_THIS_CATEGORY
    Hope that can help you solve the issue

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum