Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve noticed that when I replicate certain modules in other languages like "Head Cart" for example they do not get translated in that language. I’ve checked in the modules files(RootFolder/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini) where I thought the language strings would be but I did not find the ones I was looking for. Where can I find the strings like the ones I highlighted in the screenshot? Is it necessary that I use the JA Multilingual Component to translate these modules or can this be done by hand?

1. module-strings
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

It should be the file: root/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_brickstore.ini

Look for this text string:

TPL_SEARCH = "Search"
    TPL_MYCART = "My Cart"
    nikira Friend

Thanks! But this raised more questions, like where are the rest of the language strings? (look at attached screenshots) They sure are not in root/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_brickstore.ini. I found some other examples of strings that do not get translated but I think there must be even more of these… Could you please point me to the files containing such strings that appear in the front-end of the site?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  nikira.

1. info-needed-1
    2. info-needed-2
    3. info-needed-3-1
    Saguaros Moderator

My Cart:
    Go to file: /templates/ja_brickstore/html/mod_virtuemart_cart/default.php
    Line 27:

<h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title">My Cart</h2>

change it to:

<h2 class="t3-off-canvas-header-title"><?php echo JText::_( 'TPL_MYCART' ); ?></h2>

For other language text in your screenshots, it belongs to Virtuemart, you can find the language text in files from this directory: /components/com_virtuemart/language/

nikira Friend

Yep, that really helped 🙂 One last thing I can’t seem to be able to find is how to translate the currency to all the templates(look at screenshot).

1. info-needed
    Saguaros Moderator

I don’t see this module in demo site, is that a Virtuemart module? Kindly make a quick search in VM forum.

nikira Friend

I checked and here is an image where it appears in the Horizontal template of the site(currency.jpg). I believe it is the virtuemart currencies module.

1. currency-
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I’m afraid that at this moment, it will take and display currency name in configuration of Virtuemart directly: admin panel > Virtuemart > configuration > currencies

You can put the same question into VM forum for a solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum