Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I need to translate into spanish the words when-Where in the events, I can specify the path to find it?
    thanks
    sergiosp

pavit Moderator

Hi

in this file templatesja_teline_vhtmllayoutsjoomlacontent itemevent.php

<span itemprop="location"><?php echo JText::_('When / Where?'); ?></span>

chang to :

<span itemprop=”location”><?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_EVENT_WHEN/WHERE’); ?></span>

<span><?php echo JText::_('Speakers'); ?></span>

Change to :

<span><?php echo JText::_('TPL_EVENT_SPEAKERS'); ?></span>

<span><?php echo JText::_('Tickets'); ?></span>

change to:

<span><?php echo JText::_('TPL_EVENT_TICKETS'); ?></span>

<th><?php echo JText::_('Type'); ?></th>
    <th><?php echo JText::_('Price'); ?></th>
    <th><?php echo JText::_('Sale End'); ?></th>

Change to :

<th><?php echo JText::_('TPL_EVENT_TYPE'); ?></th>
    <th><?php echo JText::_('TPL_EVENT_PRICE'); ?></th>
    <th><?php echo JText::_('TPL_EVENT_SALEND'); ?></th>

Then from your language manager=> Override add the string translation for every language you need the translation .

Hope was clear

www1971 Friend

I`m getting stuck at the end: when I want to override the when/where to Dutch (waar en wanneer) than I get no results by looking for TPL_EVENT_WHEN/WHERE

In which language override section do I have to search and what is the exact search rule to override the ‘when where’ after changing the event.php rule as described in the first example above?

My standard language is Dutch in back-end settings. What am I missing or doing wrong?

pavit Moderator

Hi there

When you override it you should be sure to select your dutch language from language filter

1. Screenshot_1-1
    www1971 Friend

when I search to override TPL_EVENT_WHEN/WHERE I dont get results

pavit Moderator

when I search to override TPL_EVENT_WHEN/WHERE I dont get results

add it manually

www1971 Friend

Here is what I did

I put text in event.php back to original. Then in back end I go to extensions/Languages and set Dutch (nl-NL) as standard. Then I click on overrides and filter is set to Dutch (NL) Website. Then I click on New (override) and search for When / Where?…..no matches found

pavit Moderator

Share here as private reply a temp super user account to your backend i will try to fix it on your site directly

www1971 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    pavit Moderator

You forgot url for backend

www1971 Friend
    pavit Moderator

Hi there

I modified your file /html/layouts/joomla/content/item/event.php in the way showed above

<span itemprop=”location”><?php echo JText::_('TPL_EVENT_WHEN_WHERE'); ?></span>

Then i added the language override for NL and as you can see now it shows my translation

Regards

1. Screenshot_6
    www1971 Friend
    pavit Moderator

Hi

How can I translate start time and end time?

You can take a look at THIS TOPIC to see solution.

how do I get Google Maps working? getting the error This page didn’t load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical

Since this topic has a different subject , would be more helpful for other users if you open a new topic for this problem so the solution proposed could help other users searching on forum for the solution to their issues with google map.

Regards

www1971 Friend
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  www1971 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum