Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi to everybody!

It seems that my post will be an addition to these ones:

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/design-broken-up/

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/css-crash/

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-builder-distort-page-after-publish/

Everything was fine with my work at landing page with Builder until yesterday’s upgrade (to the version with Page Library support) when real crash occured and design of the page was totally broken. Until now I could not find the way to restore it.

I tried to restore my LP using Akeeba Backup but with no result. If you’re viewing a page after restoring, it looks fine, just like it was before crash. Then if you go to Edit Page mode, the design looks slightly different (other heading colors, sizes and spacing), but there is no crash yet.

But as you’re only pushing at Publish button, design gets corrupted. Header block dissappears, pictures are cropped, centering of headings does not work.

Screenshots showing different stages of page editing attached.

I hope JA support team is able to fix it, because Builder has to become an excellent tool.

1. 1_LP-in-its-initial-state
    2. 2_LP-in-Edit-Page-mode
    3. 3_LP-after-pushing-Pushing-button
    4. 4_LP-after-pushing-Pushing-button_2
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

When I view your websites from my end, it looks perfect to me. After you make change and publish the page, pls try to clean browser’s cache & cookies.

And I also tried to log into your site but the provided admin account doesn’t work.

Regards

kuzned Friend

It looks perfect to me too, but only immediately after restoring. If you enter Edit Mode or push Publish button, everything changes – see the story above.

Surely I tried to clear cache and cookies, it did not help. Also I’ve changed the password, so please, try to log again.

Obviously the issue in on developer’s side, not on user’s. Haven’t you read all these posts from other folks? All of them about the same trouble, beginning on Feb 28 or March 1.

Saguaros Moderator

Could I try to edit on your page?

kuzned Friend

Yeah, sure, I have a backup file

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

We updated in our system, you can try to edit and publish pages again.

And inform me the result.

Regards

laisch Friend

Hi, I tried to edit one page (add some new blocks) and published it.
    –> no changes, same broken Design

I created a new page and published it.
    –> same results: broken design, especially for the statistics block.
    –> 404 on media/jub/default/css/e28b529389e43.css

— edit —
    Sorry I wanted to answer in another thread

kuzned Friend

I’ve tried to edit and publish the page again, but nothing really changed.

Header has dissapeared, text in upper content block has shifted to left, icons and images in lower blocks have been cropped – total mess instead of initial design.

Saguaros Moderator

It’s weird.

I just clear browser’s cache > Edit the homepage > Add a new Footer block > Publish the page

As you can see it looks fine now.

laisch Friend

I just clear browser’s cache > Edit the homepage > Add a new Footer block > Publish the page

This receipt finally seems to work. I tried it on 4 pages now, and they are saved.

Thanks

But just one Info I recognized. Don’t view your page before editing and publish (do it from the backend), otherwise you have to erase your browser cach again.

kuzned Friend

I see, thanks, I’ve cleared cache, deleted your block, made some other tiny changes and now the page looks nearly like it was.

Only colors and sizes of some headings have changed, and some css code stopped to work (that was used for setting opacity of buttons located under round images). But in a whole it’s much more better now.

Could you tell what was the reason of the crash? And how to avoid similar for future?

Saguaros Moderator

Somehow it loaded the old file, it relates to the server side and has been fixed so pls don’t worry.

Let us know if you need further helps.

laisch Friend

Hi, thankfully I was able to recover nearly all pages by republishing it.

But there is still one bug remaining on my site. Its the 404 – css file missing i described in my thread erlier https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/design-broken-up/

You can try it on my site by creating a new page from scratch. Add some blocks. The signifficantest result you will get if you add some statistic block (eg. "Statistics Style 3.2") and publish it.

Just as a hint what I have found out so far:

If you put on your browsers developer tools and get a closer look on the tab network view, there is one css. file missing.

So just a guess, but I think the builder was not able to create it.

If I take a closer look in my FTP browser at /media/jub/default/css after publishing some already made sites again, there are always two css files updatet.

But on this new created pages it is just one css file wich is updatet (it’s the same wich is updatet on every page). Even if I create this missing file my own and upload it manually to my FTP it won’t be updatet.

Thanks for your help

Saguaros Moderator

@laisch: you can share the admin login info and the page you’re facing issue so I can check.

laisch Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum