Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’ve installed JA Top Panel. If I want to have more than one on a page I see the cookie needs a number to separate the cookies. But what about the titles. I don’t see where I can change the text from Top Panel to “Order Form” or “Contact”. doing this in the CSS would make sense if Top Panel was used just once in the entire site.
    Also the blue line, which is an image, should be able to be changed for each Top Panel instance.
    Richard

phong nam Friend

Hi Richard,

Please post (or PM me) your site’s url here. I need to have a closer look on your installed Top Panel before giving any suggestion.

richnyc30 Friend
    phong nam Friend

@richard: you can extract my attached folder to templates/ja_anion/html/ path and open the default.php file, find line:

<div class=”ja-toppanel-button”><?php echo JText::_(‘Top_Panel’)?></div>

Change <?php echo JText::_(‘Top_Panel’)?> to the text you want. However, the new name will be displayed the same on all published JA Toppanel modules.

<blockquote>Also the blue line, which is an image, should be able to be changed for each Top Panel instance.</blockquote>

Yes, you can use the Module class suffix to define the background on each module. I.e:

You can put the texts “jatop_1” to Module class suffix of 1st JA Toppanel module and put the css suffixes into template.css file:

.jatop_1 .bg-transparent {
    background: url('images/trans-topcpanel.png');
    }

Modify the background you wish. Remember to clear JAT3 cache after saving changes.

richnyc30 Friend

That’s the issue: I want to have different names on each instance of Top Panel. Otherwise it makes the extension very limited.

phong nam Friend

Hi Richard,

As you know, the text “Top Panel” is just a text button, not module titles. That is why we told that you can not change the different names on the same installed module.

However, there is a solution with duplicating the override module layout to get your requirements. You can try on these steps:

– Duplicate the default.php file in templates/ja_anion/html/mod_jatoppanel/ into default_duplicate.php.

– Open this default_duplicate.php and change the texts as i guided you in previous reply.

– Go to the 2nd JA Toppanel module >> Advanced Options >> Default Layout >> Select default_duplicate

– Clear JAT3 cache after updating changes. By this method, you want get 2 different text buttons as you want.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum