Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

How to add a top module position?

I would like to have top module position, just below the main menu. Please tell me what code should I add to index.php in order to have such module

Thanks you:

swemmel Friend

Hi,

In my example the new module-position is called fpss. Oke, here we go.

Search in the index.php to the following code:

</div>

<div id="ja-content">

<?php mosMainBody(); ?>

<?php if ( mosCountModules('banner') ) { ?>
    <!-- BEGIN: BANNER -->
    <div id="ja-banner">

Put the new module between <div id=”ja-content”> and <?php mosMainBody(); ?>. See below.

</div>

<div id="ja-content">

<?php if( mosCountModules('fpss') ) {?>
    <?php mosLoadModules('fpss', -2); ?>
    <?php } ?>

<?php mosMainBody(); ?>

<?php if ( mosCountModules('banner') ) { ?>
    <!-- BEGIN: BANNER -->
    <div id="ja-banner">

In the backend of your site fo to Site – Template Manager – Module Positions and add in an empty field fpss

Now you can publish a module there, the result is as in the picture (to see it live: http://naaktgeboren.swemmelaar.nl)

Kind Regards,

Peter

1. Clipboard01
    yuccalab Friend

gosh…..I am glad to see this post. I have been trying to get fpss working in my environment and everyone was telling me it was my utah ii template. I have installed the mod and component to a t and am unable to get it to work. I am getting the swirling loading when I publish it in my banners area. did you do anything special to fpss to get it working within the template?

-Jarrod

swemmel Friend

Hi Jarrod,

No I didn’t do anything special. But you can search on the forums on JoomlaWorks. I believe I have seen more questions about this problem there.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

Sorry for late reply, but I was on vacation. 😉

eka_template Friend

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your wonderful posting and help. I am looking for this modification too. But as I am new, I am still learning to make modification like you did. I am sure I will get it. It will be really helpful if I can have your index.php file and related CSS files you modified for me to study. Is that possible Petter?

Thanks in advance for your help and kindness.

Best regards,
    Eka
    **************@yahoo.com

swemmel Friend

eka_template;23272Dear Peter,

Thanks for your wonderful posting and help. I am looking for this modification too. But as I am new, I am still learning to make modification like you did. I am sure I will get it. It will be really helpful if I can have your index.php file and related CSS files you modified for me to study. Is that possible Petter?

Thanks in advance for your help and kindness.

Best regards,
    Eka
    **************@yahoo.com

Hi Eka,

I did send the index.php to your email-adress.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

rodboyd Friend

Great work Peter – and it was soooo simple! 😀

swemmel Friend

Thanx. 😉 Glad I could help.

fderycke Friend

Thank you very much for this post : this is exactly what I was looking for weeks ! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fderycke 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum