Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Please see attachment.

At the template of right bottom,there are more blanks.(under 1024*768 resolution)
    Please fix it asap,the other JA templates don’t have many blanks like this template under the same resolution.

1. kranos
    eruzak Friend

I think it’s the slide module to cause this issue.
    not fix yet?:eek:

tfosnom Friend

does anyone still use 1024 x768 res anymore?

uzvezda Friend

<em>@tfosnom 286276 wrote:</em><blockquote>does anyone still use 1024 x768 res anymore?</blockquote>
    obviously, but nevertheless you never know when your customers use it. Thus is useful to check.

eruzak Friend

I can’t limit site visitors who use what kind of resolution.
    Can JA fix this issue to fix every resolution whom use?>:(

eruzak Friend

I use JA demo site to try again,this issue does exist.
    I try 3 various of explorers(IE8,firefox,chrome),it’s the same.(the blank shows at the bottom-right of template)

You can reproduce this issue.
    first,you can trun you screen resolution to 1024*768
    second,open internet explorer to visit demo site(http://joomla17-templates.joomlart.com/ja_kranos/)
    third,you can see the blank shows at the bottom-right.>:(

And,I download quickstart of this template,I set the template to “auto” at the backend,when I use the 1024*768 resoulution to visit it,the same blank appears still.

I wish you can reproduce this bug I mention.

<em>@jwbrett 286637 wrote:</em><blockquote>Joomlart templates are designed to be used under any resolution configuration.

If you will notice, the issue you describe does not appear with our DEMO.

Thank you!</blockquote>

Phill Moderator

What I do notice is a scroll bar at the bottom which I think we need to look at.

eruzak Friend

Phill:

You get it.This scroll bar is caused by the right blank block under resolution 1024*768.
    Hope JA can fix this issue asap,and fix the slideshow module issue too.(http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-adjust-ja_slide-show-module-width/)

<em>@phill luckhurst 287178 wrote:</em><blockquote>What I do notice is a scroll bar at the bottom which I think we need to look at.</blockquote>

Phill Moderator

I have escallated this with the dev team so hopefully we will have a resolution soon. I have also asked the support team to look at your other thread. Sorry, it has been missed. It is sometimes hard in the forums to track everything and it is hard to spot all threads.

eruzak Friend

Wish JA can provide the high quality of templates.
    And,suggests you make a fully function testing before every template release.

<em>@phill luckhurst 287236 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have escallated this with the dev team so hopefully we will have a resolution soon. I have also asked the support team to look at your other thread. Sorry, it has been missed. It is sometimes hard in the forums to track everything and it is hard to spot all threads.</blockquote>

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I have checked this one. And actually it’s not really bugs. Please take look my video. ( should be very large movie because record with dual monitor )
    I’m using dual monitor.
    Left using 1920 x 1280 and right 1024 x 768.
    I used firebug to findout resolution trouble.
    … err sorry can’t render this movie. ( if you want i can sent camtasia project file )

Btw. There are some note
    #1. We can change width of template by css. As far i see this template css forced a little large size ( i think that’s concept of it )
    #2. And slideshow also.

You can check these thing and you can solve w/ your monitor.

Btw please ref this: http://techblog.ginktage.com/2011/05/the-best-screen-resolutions-for-which-the-website-should-built-for/
    To get an idea web site resolution.
    Thank you

Phill Moderator

Joo, I have escalated this to Hong. I can see there is a problem. On pages where we have a slideshow we get a scoll bar at the bottom on lower resolution monitors. This only occurs with the slideshow so IMO we need to adjust the css of that to allow overflow.

Phill Moderator

<em>@eruzak 287245 wrote:</em><blockquote>Wish JA can provide the high quality of templates.
    And,suggests you make a fully function testing before every template release.</blockquote>

I can assure you that JA do make every effort to test. They have a dedicated team just to test things. JA, like any other template club do the best they can but it is innevitable that as templates become ever more complicated minor bugs like this will creep in. JA are working on it and hopefully we will have a resolution soon.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@eruzak 287245 wrote:</em><blockquote>Wish JA can provide the high quality of templates.
    And,suggests you make a fully function testing before every template release.</blockquote>

Mr. Eruzak,

Perhaps a closer inspection of our templates before passing judgement would be in hand.
    The reason you are seeing the slide bar at the bottom, is because you have reduced your browser to less than the full width of the template. This is NOT an error.

Please scroll to the top and you will see the SLIDESHOW left and right arrows…extend past these points…by DESIGN.
    Your image above is misleading as to the correct width of the template.

So if you want your site’s width to meet the sides of the footer, you simply need to reduce the size of the slideshow.

Have fun
    John.

1. kranos-width
    eruzak Friend

phill:

You get the key factor always.
    I make a test to shut down the slide show modeule at the backend,the bottom-right scroll bar disappear under low resolution.

I think to fix the slideshow module issue can resolve the scroll bar also.

regards.

<em>@phill luckhurst 287236 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have escallated this with the dev team so hopefully we will have a resolution soon. I have also asked the support team to look at your other thread. Sorry, it has been missed. It is sometimes hard in the forums to track everything and it is hard to spot all threads.</blockquote>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum