Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

This is a tip for those that are not using the jobs menu to have their users log in to the site. For example, I use a JomSocial login menu.

The Problem
    If you don’t use the login fields, it also won’t show the “Register as an employer” or “Register as a job seeker” link in the menu module. The main problem with this is that a visitor who is both a guest and an employer will have no obvious way to add their company.

The Solution
    Open up mod_jajobboard_menu/tmpl/default.php. Go to the very end of the document and add this:

<?php if (empty($user->id)):
    $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( 'com_users' );
    if ($usersConfig->get('allowUserRegistration')) : ?>
    <?php if ( $params->get('showRegisterEmployer', 1) ) : ?>
    <div class="clearfix">
    <ul>
    <li>
    <?php $Itemid = get_Itemid(array('option'=>'com_jajobboard', 'view'=>'jauserregister', 'layout'=>'regemployerform'));?>
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jajobboard&view=jauserregister&layout=regemployerform&Itemid='.$Itemid); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('REGISTER_AS_AN_EMPLOYER'); ?>
    </a>
    </li>
    <?php
    endif;
    if ( $params->get('showRegisterJobSeeker', 1) ) :
    ?>
    <li>
    <?php $Itemid = get_Itemid(array('option'=>'com_jajobboard', 'view'=>'jauserregister', 'layout'=>'regjobseekerform'));?>
    <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_jajobboard&view=jauserregister&layout=regjobseekerform&Itemid='.$Itemid); ?>">
    <?php echo JText::_('REGISTER_AS_A_JOB_SEEKER'); ?>
    </a>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

Issues With This Solution
    This solution is not ideal because it means the user is now going through the JA Job Board registration process rather than your primary registration process. In my situation, that means they won’t be filling out all the JomSocial fields upon registration. However, I felt that making it easier to use was better than having a full profile filled out in JomSocial.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  brentwilliams2 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum