Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

Sorry to post this problem here. But I don’t know where to ask. Been searching around with endless solutions.

I had been editing the JA-NEWS area, putting new contents in, deleting and I ended up with this problem. The content that I wanted to access from there will appear “You must log in first”. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

The website is here:
    http://www.basheer.com.my/

Really appreciate your help here.

Thank you
    rusken

ruskenb Friend

ok… managed to solved this.

Actually this is my second time doing this and facing the same issue. Its actually because I reused the existing category and content. This my sounds a bit wierd coz it should not have any issues. So, I have to recreate everything. No reusage of the existing quick-start data.

hope this will shed some light on anyone who have the same issue.

webdesignguy Friend

What version of Joomla are you using?

I know I have run into this before and I also know it could be a “cache” issue and/or an SEO issue…

You should be able to re-use category/content as long as you clear the cache after you’ve made the changes and also if you have SEO pointing to that previous content you will need to delete that link so it can “refresh” to the new “stuff”.

I use sh404SEF and when I re-use a menu/category/content item I then clear my cache and delete the previuse item ID in sh404SEF…then click my “SiteMap” to refresh all content.

This method has always worked for me and I never have to completely re-create everything from scratch.

WebDesignGuy

ruskenb Friend

Using the quickstart file for Jv1.5. My installation was plain and simple right from the quickstart file with only one additional component which is JCE.

Actually I did clear all the cache, ON the .htaccess files and reconfigure again the SEO part in the confguration. But non worked. That also includes clearing all the deleted contents, categories and sections from the trash. Some conflict it seems from the previous IDs (contents/categories/sections). So I ended going the long way solution. Luckily it worked. Hope that shine some light for those who also encounter this problem, as my search in Joomla.org forum also leads to nowhere.

cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ruskenb 15 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum