Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello again.

You added some positions for my http://www.islaendere.dk page, see details ticket #CHT-872-4858.

Now I would need your help again to copy masthead position above menu, as I want to have banner ad on top of the page instead. So at the end it should be:

topbanner
    mainmenu as it is
    masthead as it is
    aso on..

basically topbanner shall have same styles as masthead, så maybe it can be copied?

It certainly is a easy fast task for you, and would be difficult for me.. also, because I am sick with stress now. How much would that cost if you can do that for me?

Kind regards

Jeannine

jeannine Friend

Hello again, also possible to just let me know how I can do myselv if this is easiest for you, or tell me which files I should send you, so you can add the position on top. I could not understand the documentation, it confuses me and I am very uncertain.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jeannine,

Here’s the step-by-step instruction to create new position above header part :

1. Open file templates/ja_sugite/tpls/blocks/header.php and look for this line :
      <!-- HEADER -->
      <header id="t3-header" class="wrap t3-header">

then add new position there as below :

<?php if ($this->countModules('custom-top-banner')) : ?>
      <!-- CUSTOM TOP BANNER -->
      <div class="custom-top-banner">
          <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('custom-top-banner') ?>" style="raw" />
      </div>
      <!-- //CUSTOM TOP BANNER -->
      <?php endif ?>
      <!-- HEADER -->
      <header id="t3-header" class="wrap t3-header">
    2. Open file templates/ja_sugite/templateDetails.xml and look for this line :
      <position>languageswitcherload</position>

add 1 more line above it:

<position>custom-top-banner</position>
      <position>languageswitcherload</position>

After that, you can use position custom-top-banner. Feel free to let me know if there’s any problem.

jeannine Friend

Dear Adam, thank you so much indeed! That works and I could follow your guide so fine. Now I just experience troubles with the toggle in mobile version. The toggle now is below the banner instead of in the black menu area, where we also have the logo. Can you help with that?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jeannine,

Please add this code to templates/ja_sugite/css/custom.css

.t3-header {
         position: relative;
    }
    jeannine Friend

Dear Adam, thank you very much! That brought the toggle to the right position again 🙂

Now I experience the problem that the toggle actually does not work. When I click by tipping it on my mobile or ipad it does not fold out the menu. But I anyway consider making another menu instead for mobile only.

I would rather have a menu on mobile devices, where you have some few menu items as vertical aligned buttons.

I know how to disable module positions for mobile in the template in backend, but I could not find how to make a menu with dropdown for mobile only?

Can you help? Maybe you can send me link to documentation or paste again the steps here? I would be very happy for that!

Thank you again.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jeannine,

The temporary admin account doesn’t work anymore, please recheck so I can have a look at your setting first.

jeannine Friend

Dear Adam, now it works again 🙂 I changed the navigation effect style and turned the off-canvas sidebar off, now it works fine on mobile 🙂 Thank you sooo much! Do you actually provide adjustments services with styles aso? Could you send me hourly fees and send your e-mail to me? joom@blissmarketing.dk

Thank you again! Very happy for all your help!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @jeannine,

Glad to be of assistance. If you still have any question, please don’t hesitate to let us know. I’ve just sent over an email about the customization service, please check your inbox.

Best regards,

Adam.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum