Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve looked at different websites for Joomla 1.5 templates, and JA Lead (http://www.joomlart.com/templates_club/club_portfolio/ja_lead.html) is by far the best for what I want. At this point it is the only one that I’m really considering. I have three questions before I purchase a membership.

**I’m not a web designer and I just took some Joomla tutorials, which taught me how to make a home page, sections, categories, article pages, and a few other basic things. I put up some content for the site as I was learning how to use Joomla, but at this point the site does not have any design. Just the Joomla 1.5 default template (pretty boring lol)

1. I really love the layout of Joomla Lead, but the background themes do not really fit what I’m looking for. I looked at the different themes (10 in all), but none of them were really what I was looking for. Will I be able to change the background theme to something of my choosing? I have a photo of a wood wall that is perfect for the background. The texture of the wall fits what my website is. I also had a couple different ideas for a background (I’m a photographer so getting a photo will be pretty simple.)

2. Layout. The way I have the site set up (I’m assuming all or most Joomla sites are set up like this), I have a home page, a page for three different sections, and then pages for categories attached to each section. I’d want the home page to have a photo, link, and brief description that would lead to each section, as well as featured stories with a photo, link, and brief description that lead to that story on the front page. Each section page should be the same. There should be a photo with link and description to each category, along with a few featured stories from that section that leads to the actual story. The category pages should also be similar, with stories that have a photo, link, and brief description which will lead to the story itself. So the home page, section pages, and category pages could be very similar, and then there would be a page for the actual story.

Can I layout my website up like that with JA Lead?

3. Are there links to any websites that have been created with JA Lead? I’d like to see how others have used the template to make sure it is what I’m looking for.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

hacksider Friend

<blockquote>1. I really love the layout of Joomla Lead, but the background themes do not really fit what I’m looking for. I looked at the different themes (10 in all), but none of them were really what I was looking for. Will I be able to change the background theme to something of my choosing? I have a photo of a wood wall that is perfect for the background. The texture of the wall fits what my website is. I also had a couple different ideas for a background (I’m a photographer so getting a photo will be pretty simple.)</blockquote>

You can easily do that by changing the images at their locations

<blockquote>2. Layout. The way I have the site set up (I’m assuming all or most Joomla sites are set up like this), I have a home page, a page for three different sections, and then pages for categories attached to each section. I’d want the home page to have a photo, link, and brief description that would lead to each section, as well as featured stories with a photo, link, and brief description that lead to that story on the front page. Each section page should be the same. There should be a photo with link and description to each category, along with a few featured stories from that section that leads to the actual story. The category pages should also be similar, with stories that have a photo, link, and brief description which will lead to the story itself. So the home page, section pages, and category pages could be very similar, and then there would be a page for the actual story.</blockquote>

You can easily do that using modules, or using the readmore function. But if you’re a beginner, it’s better to get someone with experience. Anyway, joomlart template can handle your needs with this one.

<blockquote>Can I layout my website up like that with JA Lead?</blockquote>

Absolutely yes!

<blockquote>3. Are there links to any websites that have been created with JA Lead? I’d like to see how others have used the template to make sure it is what I’m looking for. </blockquote>

I think it’s better to look at the demo site, but I am surely you can find a lot of website according to their support thread.

nihues Friend
    jlewis3233 Friend

Thanks a lot for the help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jlewis3233 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum