Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

This happened a couple of days ago too. I posted about it, but the post seems to be gone. It looks like the board may have been rolled back since my new posts don’t seem to be available.

wooohanetworks Friend

So, you can’t post or access any other forum too right now? Right now, I can post here again without having to take the way over the “todays post” link, but still I get the same error message in any other forum or thread. Before now I couldn’t post here too, but now it works here again, when directly opening the thread via the frontpage….Looks like there is some worm inside the apple.

imsleepy Friend

I haven’t tried to post in any other forum today. The last time this happened, I could not VIEW any of the template forums nor could anyone else. We got the message you are getting. In the “Today’s Post” section none of the template forums could be seen. It was as though all of the template forums were locked. That does not seem to be the case today though. I did access this thread through the “Today’s Post” section. Haven’t had time to do much more other than find out that my recent posts appear to be gone. At least they don’t show under my link for “My Threads” or “Replies” and they are not found in a search either which is why I thought maybe the forums had been rolled back to a backup. Seems like something must have happened but don’t know. When Hung fixed this the last time he said he had no idea what had caused it, only that it seemed to be fixed. I would point you to the post, but it seems to be gone. Sorry.

wooohanetworks Friend

When I looked over the forums down there, “JA Staff Discussion” I recently saw a post named “What posts / threads to be deleted”, now today I see “Hi! Trial Moderator is reporting in!”.

This makes me hope that some newbie mods do not have access to admin parts of the forum and this is causing this error or some mods delete posts that should stay where they are.;) But this is also one point, the mods here do not have the proper overview about the members and even make faults in their normal work, that only newbies do, like using demo content on their sites, which is only causing them trouble later with the stock image companies, like recently happened in Germany and some people who used demo content now have to pay 1200€ for the unauthorized use to the company plus agreeing to some legal documents that they will (already have) removed the particular picture from the site, this happened to some webdesign agency, so newbies anywhere you when it comes to Joomla also and especially when those come up like being the pros and experienced people they want to be.;)

imsleepy Friend

I just discovered that I cannot access the Nickel or Ruby forums. Need a password. Those forums are also where my missing posts are so apparently they aren’t missing, I am just not authorized to view them. So, it appears to be the same problem again.

bennitos Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 118154 wrote:</em><blockquote>When I looked over the forums down there, “JA Staff Discussion” I recently saw a post named “What posts / threads to be deleted”, now today I see “Hi! Trial Moderator is reporting in!”.
    </blockquote>

Seing that the last reaction in that topic is from jsliao, then im guessing jsliao is a trial moderator? 🙂

imsleepy Friend

Was just looking at a couple of the moderators and this may be a dumb question, but how can unlicensed member also be a moderator? That seems kind of strange.

wooohanetworks Friend

Seems so, he is also the one I saw putting a site into the showcase using more than one demo content picture, hoping he knows what he does and is prepared to pay 3 or more times the money a developer membership costs when such case happens to him. This is the problem I refer to when some members posted, “When will they ever see those and they will only send you a note to remove it”, hell they won’t, they will make you pay more than you like…Hope he removed those files already, I always wonder how people think demo content is included in the club membership where it is even called demo content. Believe it or not, who does not follow the rules of the game, will be eaten by it one day.

Well, this is not my business, it is their problem, also whom to chose for being mods, just wonna avoid that it harms people here, so no need to get angry on me, hate the game not the player, who is even doing fair play and warns you…

THANKS!;)

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@bennitos 118158 wrote:</em><blockquote>Seing that the last reaction in that topic is from jsliao, then im guessing jsliao is a trial moderator? :)</blockquote>

Honestly, when it comes to who is mod here, there should rather be written

bennitos
    Super Moderator

than most the people I see here and even are mods.;)

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@imsleepy 118157 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just discovered that I cannot access the Nickel or Ruby forums. Need a password. Those forums are also where my missing posts are so apparently they aren’t missing, I am just not authorized to view them. So, it appears to be the same problem again.</blockquote>

Not to bring the thread off topic twice, as already this thread is the only thread we can post into, but this is status quo, no way to access any other area of the site not even read access.

<blockquote>vBulletin Message
    Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now.
    Note: This requires cookies!</blockquote>

Nice, now I can access the JA Zeolite forum but not any public area plus Nickel etc…..makes me like to hit a bong, where I do not even have one.

THANKS!:cool:

TomC Moderator

I’m tending to think this is merely a programming issue that Hung and Team are working on.
    I mean, c’mon – do you think that Hung would purposefully lock out the majority of members willy nilly?

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt here for a bit.

imsleepy Friend

I don’t think anyone was implying that Hung would lock everyone out. We know this is not the case. Last time this happened he was able to fix it quickly. I haven’t looked in awhile, but I don’t think he is online right now, so probably unaware there is a problem. I am sure once he is back online everything will be resolved.

bennitos Friend

When it asks for a password for the restricted forums putting in password works!

*maybe even any pass*

jsliao Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 118160 wrote:</em><blockquote>Seems so, he is also the one I saw putting a site into the showcase using more than one demo content picture, hoping he knows what he does and is prepared to pay 3 or more times the money a developer membership costs when such case happens to him. This is the problem I refer to when some members posted, “When will they ever see those and they will only send you a note to remove it”, hell they won’t, they will make you pay more than you like…Hope he removed those files already, I always wonder how people think demo content is included in the club membership where it is even called demo content. Believe it or not, who does not follow the rules of the game, will be eaten by it one day.

Well, this is not my business, it is their problem, also whom to chose for being mods, just wonna avoid that it harms people here, so no need to get angry on me, hate the game not the player, who is even doing fair play and warns you…

THANKS!;)</blockquote>

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/image-copyright/

thanks for your concern

meanwhile, please stay on topic

ferrotti Friend

Is fantastic!!! Good job.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  browwwsers cybercafe 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum