Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I did many modifications on a website with Theme Magic and also with the footer, etc. and the other day, everything was back to default.

I contacted my host to find out if the website was backup after a crash, and they told me no.

Any way, I can find out what happen and prevent this from happening again ?

Thanks

JM

TomC Moderator

Did you perform any updates between the date you did yoru modifications and the day things wen’t back to default?

cyclist87 Friend

I will add that:
    custom favicon disappeared, custom.css disappeared and file for footer back to default….

cyclist87 Friend

<em>@TomC 485367 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you perform any updates between the date you did yoru modifications and the day things wen’t back to default?</blockquote>

I might have done the suggested updates from the JA Extension manager and General dashboards, but I only noticed the changes on the front end yesterday…

TomC Moderator

<em>@cyclist87 485369 wrote:</em><blockquote>I might have done the suggested updates from the JA Extension manager and General dashboards, but I only noticed the changes on the front end yesterday…</blockquote>

It’s always a sound idea to backup your entire site prior to any updates – of anything. Often times, during the updates, various files are overwritten . . . and not all modifications can be protected from such via the “custom.css” option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum