Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Can we have some Green/Environment Theme based template.
    I am trying to get a extension to showcase writers / people but did not find any. Basically I want to have something where I can show writers (images) and clicking on that should show their profile and the articles they have written.

thanks

didima Friend

l think green version of opal would be nice for golf, etc

imsleepy Friend

Green versions of lots of the templates would be nice. Does not seem to be an option in very many templates. With all of the environmental websites out there and soccer, golf, football, and many other uses for green templates. Surprised the Opal template didn’t have green option for sports theme.

helloneo Friend

Thanks, but I am looking forward not just in terms of green background n colors but more as a green environment, making our planet pollution free, news related to it etc, healthy living theme.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@helloneo 119533 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks, but I am looking forward not just in terms of green background n colors but more as a green environment, making our planet pollution free, news related to it etc, healthy living theme.</blockquote>

helloneo,

Isn’t that supposed to be what your content (sections, categories, articles) going to show?

I fail to see what makes a webdesign more green than another. Or, why it deserves a special template?

Are current ecosystems focused sites less green because they did not use a “green” template, whatever that is?

I did not mean to offend. Just a different point of view. In fact, I plan to create an ecosystems site when I get the time, but contrary to the immediate reaction here, I have no plans of coloring it green.

Cornelio

helloneo Friend

<em>@cgc0202 119737 wrote:</em><blockquote>helloneo,

Isn’t that supposed to be what your content (sections, categories, articles) going to show?

I fail to see what makes a webdesign more green than another. Or, why it deserves a special template?

Are current ecosystems focused sites less green because they did not use a “green” template, whatever that is?

I did not mean to offend. Just a different point of view. In fact, I plan to create an ecosystems site when I get the time, but contrary to the immediate reaction here, I have no plans of coloring it green.

Cornelio</blockquote>

Hi
    I agree with you, its the content that makes the site. I used “Theme Green” as for green earth, living green, (my mistake. I should have been clear on this ) and not as an intent to change the color of the site.
    JA has good templates on various subjects (movies, video games, sports, news, photography, modelling …), I hope you will agree that designers at JA will definitely do some creative things to give a different feel to the website – images, content placement, some interesting design.

thanks

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@helloneo 119747 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    I agree with you, its the content that makes the site. I used “Theme Green” as for green earth, living green, (my mistake. I should have been clear on this ) and not as an intent to change the color of the site.
    JA has good templates on various subjects (movies, video games, sports, news, photography, modelling …), I hope you will agree that designers at JA will definitely do some creative things to give a different feel to the website – images, content placement, some interesting design.

thanks</blockquote>

helloneo

That is why I am still here. I like some templates of Joomlart, like Teline II and more lately JA Opal. If only Joomlart spends the time to create good manuals to accompany each template and extension, as well as good support, they would be even much better. What disappoints me is that Joomlart tend to neglect the other two — good manuals and decent technical support.

I look at templates differently. If I have a simple website, like just a few articles, and images, many good Joomlart templates will do. However, if you have information rich site, with anticipated great number of articles, you need to organize them more systematically.

Unless one adds the JA News Component component, I challenge anyone here to show how they can create a well-organized site — with potentially dozens of sections and multiple subsections in it, plus anticipated hundreds if not thousands of articles as the site grows — using the standard Joomlart template.

As far as I am concerned, among the templates created by Joomlart so far, the JA Teline II (and perhaps similar “news-magazine” templates) has the best chance to achieve the aforementioned goal. It is the multilevel presentation of articles of articles that is the key to achieving the intent of any :information rich site, like what you plan to do.

I think there is room for more improvement with the teline II, as far as features are concerned. And, I am not talking about design layout. In fact, if it has to have more general acceptibility, it the layout must be as simple as possible — to allow ease of modification.

What discouraged me was a response from Hung when he seemed to suggest that they have done their best for “multi-level” templates because of the limitations of Joomla, supposedly.

If this is the perspective of Joomlart, then expect more of the same kind of templates, which seem to be what members want, anyway. The design layout may be good even, some exntensions may be added, etc., etc. — but most of this, each of us can do ourselves.

What is more difficult to achieve are well-thought scripts that renders a page layout structurally stable, load easily and can be made adaptable from a simple site to more complex sites.

One glaring area where Joomlart violates the aforementioned is that they used way too many “unnecessary gifs” in their design layout. What may seem good sacrifice speed in page presentation. Internet visitors, who are so spoiled by Google pages that load in a split second, would more likely leave your site,if it takes ten seconds to load, more so if it is longer. That will translate to several minutes in other parts of the world, with slower internet speed connections.

I just analyzed my site, it had sixty three (63) CSS images compared to my 14 images I used, thirteen (13). outside CSS scripts.

These are the more important features that Joomlart forget when they visualize a good design — it is too much on looks, rather than what matters to impatient (and hard to keep) visitorrs.

Cornelio

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@helloneo 119265 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Can we have some Green/Environment Theme based template.
    </blockquote>

JA Zeolite is definitely very green and also only a Shop as long you install VM when using the simple template and extensions.

Otherwise even with the Quickstart including VirtueMart, with a few simple clicks in the admin you uninstall the component and have a totally green, environmental template. The demo pictures you have to replace anyway, so JA Zeolite is your new Green and Environmental theme, bingo!:)

scotty Friend

I made a tutorial on how to change a colour scheme a while back…

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-colour-scheme-and-use-firebug/

wooohanetworks Friend

My suggestion was more a joke, I know, JA Zeolite is not really the ultimate environmental theme, but take JA ZinC with the Grass background maybe, or JA Quartz with some other colors.

But you know, people want out of the box templates with matching demo content about nature and so….:cool:

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@cgc0202 119757 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    One glaring area where Joomlart violates the aforementioned is that they used way too many “unnecessary gifs” in their design layout. What may seem good sacrifice speed in page presentation. Internet visitors, who are so spoiled by Google pages that load in a split second, would more likely leave your site,if it takes ten seconds to load, more so if it is longer. That will translate to several minutes in other parts of the world, with slower internet speed connections.
    </blockquote>

Check http://www.rockettheme.com with this analyzation tool and you will wonder why the site is even loading…when it would really matter how many http requests and pictures a site has, then Andy Miller would have to have a server as large as the ones for eBay USA.

My 2 ZendOs on this one…;)

helloneo Friend

<em>@scotty 120375 wrote:</em><blockquote>I made a tutorial on how to change a colour scheme a while back…

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-colour-scheme-and-use-firebug/</blockquote>

Hey Scotty,
    Thanks a lot for the efforts, really helpful tutorial
    thanks

helloneo Friend

<em>@scotty 120375 wrote:</em><blockquote>I made a tutorial on how to change a colour scheme a while back…

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-colour-scheme-and-use-firebug/</blockquote>

Hey,
    Great tutorial, very helpful
    thanks

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 120377 wrote:</em><blockquote>Check http://www.rockettheme.com with this analyzation tool and you will wonder why the site is even loading…when it would really matter how many http requests and pictures a site has, then Andy Miller would have to have a server as large as the ones for eBay USA.

My 2 ZendOs on this one…;)</blockquote>

Indeed, that is why Yahoo and Google are so anal about them, based from their studies on how the number of files called (https). They have mastered the art of integration (i.e., what could be integrated), and the Yahoo site, more complex than many Joomla sites, they load at about 0.2-0.6 seconds. It helps that Yahoo and Google have very powerful servers. Unfortunately, many of us who do not have the bucks have to settle with much much slower server, if not shared servers.

Do you even know how many directories and subdirectories, files and steps to write this single line:

Copyright © 2009 JA Teline II for joomla 1.5. All Rights Reserved. Designed by JoomlArt.com.

Guess how long it would take the server software to read a PHP script hardwired directly into the index.php; something that Joomlart did with most of the components of the header.

Do you ever stop a minute why “what is good KISS hardwired scripting for the header” would not be used to write this simple statement:

Copyright © 2009 JA Teline II for joomla 1.5. All Rights Reserved. Designed by JoomlArt.com.

considering that mosts customer are more likely to hack the header, more than the footer?

Maybe if you dirty your hands, on issues like this, you might have a better appreciation, not just talk in abstract.

But, of course, based from your posts on the matter, you know better than all the engineers of Yahoo and Google, and those engineers who spent their time trying to speed up information retrieval in databases.

Frankly, I really am not interested if you do not care of matters that interest me. You may not likely be one of those from countries in Asia with very slow connections. These individuals are the targets of the sites I want to create.

And since I have no interest at all to persuade you in the matter, I couldn’t care less what you think on the matter.

Cornelio

didima Friend

Opal didnt had a green version but had all golf pictures etc on demo, dont know why ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  earth4energy 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum