Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Thanks, disabling slideshow makes all the difference in the performance of this template. 🙂

smitheringale Friend

<em>@aman204 198477 wrote:</em><blockquote>The load time will be faster after disablng of slideshow module as it contains image of larger dimensions which will have large file size even after optimization.

It is something not relative to template but moreover about images which can tend to slow down any site :)</blockquote>

This seems to still be slow – loading at 6-12 seconds compared to 3-6 seconds with other templates.

ansicht1 Friend

Hi – one year later – and I have the same slow perfomance like the others. You can see it here: http://www.werbung-nebenan.de/kunden2/kuechen-forum.
    1. I tried to change CSS & Javascript Compress to Linked files and Join & Minify. But nothing happened – it`s both on Join & Minify & Compress.
    2.Where to stop the social bookmarks – I can`t find it.
    3.I stoped the slideshow – but it`s the same as before.
    What can I do? I need your help very soon, if possible – thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@ansicht1 207849 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi – one year later – and I have the same slow perfomance like the others. You can see it here: http://www.werbung-nebenan.de/kunden2/kuechen-forum.
    1. I tried to change CSS & Javascript Compress to Linked files and Join & Minify. But nothing happened – it`s both on Join & Minify & Compress.
    2.Where to stop the social bookmarks – I can`t find it.
    3.I stoped the slideshow – but it`s the same as before.
    What can I do? I need your help very soon, if possible – thanks.</blockquote>

1) Please provide me detail information on the issue 1
    2) You access the configuration of each k2 category and click to the Item view options panel => You select Hide for the Share (social) links
    3) Please provide me detail information on this issue. I am not clear on this one.

Thanks

James Weston Friend

Did the first 1 cannot find 2) Have in settings to have css and js optimized ::

Jim

James Weston Friend

<em>@aman204 196943 wrote:</em><blockquote>You may wish to check in for following steps::

1) Please ensure to have gzip page compression enabled in global configuration in admin
    2) Have in settings to have css and js optimized ::

http://wiki.joomlart.com/images/8/80/JA-T3-Admin_compression-settings.jpg

in template parameters

3) Also, Mainly, Check on the bandwidth being offered by your hosting provider as it can impact a lot on site speed :)</blockquote>

Did the first 1 cannot find 2) Have in settings to have css and js optimized ::

Jim

tarasiadis Friend

I have the same problem (http://www.thestival.gr/index.php)
    I have already join-minify-compress css.
    I have allready optimize pictures.
    I have gzip enable.

I try to disable some modules at the right side which load extra data, but nothing happend to speed performance.
    It takes 15 sec to strating load the content. After it start the loading is high speed.

Help please.

zao dao Friend

i change the slideshow module from ja slideshow to another slideshow module(if i use ja slideshow2 i have to use 3-4 large size images 960*400 pixel,each image ‘s size is at leasrt 200K )
    and disable the the ja tabs module and the template review module.

http://www.cn21cn.com

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

jmartin76 Friend

ok these threads didnt go anywhere with any tangible solutions on speeding up the portafolio template. I too, am using this template and am too getting response times of half a minute at times…. I am using Host Gator but to be fair with joomlart i also many times get response times of 2-4 secs. This makes me think that it is a hosting Issue. But to say it all I still have issues with k2 search in tags and T3 disabled due to bugs in caching and conficts. A total mess.

Im trying to stay positive now, and am looking for a solution on performance, so, can someone suggest to me a quality hosting service provider for this site or maybe has anyone experience with Amazon EC2 as an alternative host?

Any suggestions in this area would be greatly appreciated!
    James:cool:

chavan Friend

Hi tarasiadis

Could you provide me ftp & admin account via ticket http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/70036?

zao dao Friend

<em>@jmartin76 255525 wrote:</em><blockquote>ok these threads didnt go anywhere with any tangible solutions on speeding up the portafolio template. I too, am using this template and am too getting response times of half a minute at times…. I am using Host Gator but to be fair with joomlart i also many times get response times of 2-4 secs. This makes me think that it is a hosting Issue. But to say it all I still have issues with k2 search in tags and T3 disabled due to bugs in caching and conficts. A total mess.

Im trying to stay positive now, and am looking for a solution on performance, so, can someone suggest to me a quality hosting service provider for this site or maybe has anyone experience with Amazon EC2 as an alternative host?

Any suggestions in this area would be greatly appreciated!
    James:cool:</blockquote>

I suggest Hawkhost
    they using litespeed as server which is much faster than apache,and they also offer free cdn withnh cloudflare

www.8media.com
    www.zaodao.com

jmartin76 Friend

ok i will take your suggestion, looks good to me…. will register for 1 month and see how i go….

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  jmartin76 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum