Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I just installed (yesterday) the template JA Teline IV based on the framework T3 on my dedicated server that works very quickly to my other websites.
    I encounter significant delays in the display of the pages …
    Should I install a particular update to solve this problem?
    The T3v2 franmework template version works better ?

Thank you

TomC Moderator

The Teline IV template – especially with content – is very data heavy.

How significant are the delays you are experiencing? Can you share the url of the site so we can take a look as well?

In the meantime . . . .

There are quite a few site performance related extensions listed within the JOOMLA EXTENSION DIRECTORY

Here are several additional resources you can look through that may be of assistance . . .

http://www.joomspot.net/how-to-speed-up-optimize-joomlas-performance.html

http://www.ostraining.com/support-forum/joomla-support/how-do-i-speed-up-my-joomla-25-site/

http://www.slideshare.net/siteground/how-to-speed-up-your-joomla-website

http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/blog/extensions/speed-up-your-joomla-website-with-jch-optimize

agencewebbretagne Friend

Thanks four your response

The home page of the web site take 6 or 8 seconds for display …
    The pb is not the delay for download the data but, in firebug, the “wait delay” (between 4s and 5s)

I delete somes modules in the home page but i encounter significant delays in the display of this page.

The T3v2 franmework template version works better ?

Thank you for your help …

Franck

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi Franck,

You can try to get quickstart JA Teline IV template with T3v2 framework plugin

T3v2 framework plugin supports cache page, compress css and js. Hope it helps your site to improve site loading then.

obliat Friend

In trying to improve my website (http://www.ecars.bg) speed (J 3.2.1 being kind of slow) I’m following GTMetrix recommendations from the JA Blog. Managed to improve the score a lot (85-90%), but page still needs 5-6 seconds to load. Temporarily disabled all but JA News Featured module, but with all modules enabled I don’t think they are causing the issues (with modules disabled I can beraly improve one second).

Now that JS compression is back to T3 my question is how can Defer parsing of JavaScript be improved?

It’s one of just 2 very week points GTMetrix shows and it suggests:

386.5KiB of JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Defer parsing JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering.

And it shows couple of already compressed by T3 JS files. So I am confused – how can they be further compressed/oprimized?

Also, Firebug DOM shows all elements from K2 to Jquery in red. I know there’s a suggestion over at K2 forum to load Jquery before k2.js, but how can I do that? I no longer use K2, but 95% of my old content (literally still most of the website) is of K2 items so until I find a way to convert them to Joomla articles can’t uninstall K2.

Ninja Lead Moderator

There are some ways to speed up your website, please have a look for reference:

+ Remove unnecessary White Space in HTML
    + Minify Javascript and CSS
    + Reduce requests by combining HTML, CSS, and Javascript
    + Optimize all your images – Most if not all should be at least below 10kb
    – Crop the white space using Photoshop
    – Use PNG8 Files or GIF files rather than Jpegs and don’t use transparency
    – Make images the size you want rather than resizing them in the editor
    + Uninstall any components/modules/plugins that you don’t actually use
    + Use Gzip Compression to Reduce HTML Size
    + Enable Caching as much as possible (page caching, view caching, module caching)

Please note, performance of the servers (bandwidth, CPU, System/Data Diks, Internet…) is of importance.

obliat Friend

Hi Ninja Lead – really old thread, but as I don’t get notifications (never managed to fix that) I see it now when I’m trying to deal with the problem again.

All your recommendations are great and I’m making some improvements, but they don’t address the main question:

How to defer JS?

I do use T3 join and minify and js is already compressed – still, it appears it loads too early and I guess that’s the reason GTMetrix rates me so bad on this.

So in addition to all your recommendations I am trying to find out how to defer these JS files/fuctions so they don’t block the initial page rendering. Is there a specific process for this (via php or some other means)?

Thanks

obliat Friend

Hi Ninja Lead – really old thread, but as I don’t get notifications (never managed to fix that) I see it now when I’m trying to deal with the problem again.

All your recommendations are great and I’m making some improvements, but they don’t address the main question:

How to defer JS?

I do use T3 join and minify and js is already compressed – still, it appears it loads too early and I guess that’s the reason GTMetrix rates me so bad on this.

So in addition to all your recommendations I am trying to find out how to defer these JS files/fuctions so they don’t block the initial page rendering. Is there a specific process for this (via php or some other means)?

Thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hope the tutorial here will help you out

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  obliat 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum