Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I changed a few lines in the description and now the description doesn’t show in the front end. Can someone post or send me the code listed inside. I tried just copying from the desc I didn’t touch but no luck.

Mods please delete this thread, I seen the Show Description button was checked OOOPS

Saguaros Moderator

Please go to the module’s configuration, you set the Description only Option for the Show Description parameter .

and i have informed our developers this issue

Thanks

ezpme Friend

i lost – More about this website – for readmore in my frest setup of slideshow,

1. 2553-10-29_0231-2
    Daniel Löf Friend

I lost mine to.. Anyone?

jamjodesign Friend

Hi all, I too have lost the “More about this site” button on the slideshow? Can anyone help me add it back into the site? :-[

Tech-xml Friend

<em>@jamjodesign 203381 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all, I too have lost the “More about this site” button on the slideshow? Can anyone help me add it back into the site? :-[</blockquote>

I’m having the same problem

parkstad Friend

Same story here. Any solution?

parkstad Friend

Hi,

for anyone who wants a quick and dirty workaround do this:
    in modules/mod_jaslideshow2 you’ll find mod_jaslideshow2.xml
    on line 192 you’ll see:
    [PHP]<param name=”showdesc” type=”radio” default=”” label=”SHOW DESCRIPTION” description=”SHOW DESCRIPTION DESC”>
    <option value=””>NO DESCRIPTION</option>
    <option value=”desc”>DESCRIPTION ONLY</option>
    </param>[/PHP]

Make it look like this and save it:

[PHP]<param name=”showdesc” type=”radio” default=”desc” label=”SHOW DESCRIPTION” description=”SHOW DESCRIPTION DESC”>
    <option value=”nodesc”>NO DESCRIPTION</option>
    <option value=”desc”>DESCRIPTION ONLY</option>
    <option value=”desc-readmore”>text + readmore</option>
    </param>[/PHP]

In the backend go to the module and then look for “Show description”: and choose “Description only”. Other params wil open and do whatever you want to do. Then hit the “Apply button” Scroll down again to “Show description” and choose the new option: “text + readmore”. Hit Apply or Save and you’ll see the readmore-button again.

So if you’d like to make a change: for example in the readmore text
    – choose “Description only”
    – make your edit in the readmore text
    – hit apply
    – choose “text + readmore”
    – hit apply or save
    – you’re done

Use this untill the developers will come with a clean solution.

Hope this helps
    Danny

inknstitch Friend

For some reason, I can’t edit the .xml file. Any changes I can make in the .php file to get the same outcome?

Scott

parkstad Friend

No you have to edit the .xml file. First give us the reason WHY you can’t edit the xml. To me there is no logic sense to the fact that you can’t edit an xml file and a php file is no problem to edit.

Danny

dwernars Friend

Where can I change the text ‘ More about this website’ on the slideshow button – I want it to read – ‘Find out More’

parkstad Friend

Hi if you you check ‘description only’ you can see the option ‘read more’. you can fill in any text you desire.

Hope this helps.

Danny

1. Schermafbeelding-2010-12-01-om-02.39.23
    dwernars Friend

Thank you, so easy. I had added the text + readmore tags to the XML file so the fields to change this disappeared.

parkstad Friend

If you implement my code changes please read the details in my previous post to understand how to make changes. It’s just a workaround to get this module working properly. Too bad that joomart-team didn’t give any response to the problems with this module.

Good Luck
    Danny

dwernars Friend

Its cool, everything works the way I want – I used your instructions and the workaround is just fine for me. Thanks for your input.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  emrfixit 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum