Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When uploading an image with the same file name to the folder

/images/stories/demo/slideshow

The image is overwritten, but this is not reflected in the slideshow. The old image is still being displayed in the slideshow. After checking the Media folder, I can see that the newly uploaded image is there and replaced the old image.

We checked the cache for this module and it is set to (Don’t cache). We also, checked the cache on our server, but that is also disabled. So, what could be causing this, and any idea how to fix it.

I tried changing the name of the file, which meant I would have to change the link in the article and that worked fine, but this is not a good solution just for updating an image.

Any ideas?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Hi Majdi2,

One more thing to try…deleting the image from your server.
    If you delete it and it still appears…then you are deleting from the wrong place (obviously)

Also make sure the cache of your browsers is clear. If you are using IE…delete all your temporary files too.

Another issue could be the “/resized/(subfolders)” area of the /images folder. When you upload an image it is automatically resized per your template’s instructions and a copy tossed into the /images/resized/…
    folder. This basically a parallel universe that is created by Joomla and you won’t notice until you run into difficulty like this.

See if one of the above doesn’t shake things up a bit.

Have fun!
    John.

majdi2 Friend

Hi John,

Thank you for your help. It was the “/resized/(subfolders)” causing the problem and after deleting the images in that folder, it worked fine.

Just a note, the images are the exact size as they will appear in the slideshow, so there really is no need for a resize, but joomla chooses to resize anyway. I don’t see a setting in the slideshow mod to disable this, so I’m assuming it is in the template core code.

Thanks again.

Majdi

walldrof Friend

hi
    thanks for telling solution…i had same problem but at last its working now…..i deleted images from resized folder…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  walldrof 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum