Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    On Joomla 1.7 and JA T3 blank template I am trying to add a background image to a text header; in layout.css (local theme):
    #ja-header {height: 241; width: 980px; margin: 10px; background-image:url(‘/images/nhatrang-river.jpg’); text-align:center;}.
    Two problems: The text will not be center aligned and the background image height is cut in half.
    What am I missing?
    Thanks

khoand Friend

Hi,
    Could you give me a link to your page as you said?

jmll Friend

Hello,
    here is the link to a barely born site: http://nhatrang-beach.info/index.php

khoand Friend

the background image height is cut in half.

You replace the code in layout.css

#ja-header {
    height: 241;
    width: 980px;
    margin: 10px;
    background-image: url('/images/nhatrang-river.jpg');
    text-align: center;
    }

with

#ja-header {
    height: 241px;
    width: 980px;
    margin: 10px;
    background-image: url('/images/nhatrang-river.jpg');
    text-align: center;
    }

The text will not be center aligned

– You add this code into /templates/your_template/css/template.css

#ja-header .logo-text {
    float: none;
    }

jmll Friend

Hi, What a dumb error… I can hear the computer whispering: 241 what? Donuts? rabbits?lightyears? Yet there remains a problem: A pixel wide white line across the length of the image at the exact same location where it was cut off before fixing the ‘px’ mistake. (Of course I just plain forgot to type the measurement unit, but I had tried to omit the image size altogether and the image ‘should’ have shown entirely which it did not); there must be something beside the px bug, some inherited rule … ???
    Centering is ok now. Thanks a lot.

khoand Friend

You remove this code from /templates/your_template/css/template.css

#ja-header .main {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #CCC;
    }

jmll Friend

Hi Khoand,
    Thanks so much for your help. The header is ok now but, for future readers of the thread I must add that there is no “#ja-header .main {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #CCC;}” rule in template.css; at least not in the local theme I cloned from the default in blank template. So I added a “border:none” rule which did the trick; your solution was a close guess. Thanks again: have a nice day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jmll 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum