Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

I am having the same problem. Once you click on the article, the text before the “Read More” link does not show. I am using Joomla 1.5.9 with Teline II and JCE Editor. I have tried using the TinyMCE editor and tried adding the “readmore” html tag in the code, but was unsucessful.

Any word for the experts yet?

QUOTE=sfpkent;117666]Hi,

I have problem to figure out how to make those texts of articles before “Read More” show up in JA Body at frontpage.

I am using JCE, I aligned those pictures to left (10px)

Here is the link: http://worldwebcreator.com

I have attached the problems (two image files).</blockquote>

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Did you go through my reply on the top of this page? That should work. It worked for me.

here is the link again http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=119373&postcount=11 . if you missed it.

sfpkent Friend

Sorry, you way its not work. You try it online, I mean not on localhost runing xampp 1.7.

If you way only works on localhost runing xampp 1.7., I have to try another way. Thanks anyway.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Ok guys, JA support team has helped me to solve the problem. Thanks JA.

Here is the solution:

Open default_item.php file in templates/ja_cooper_business/html/com_content/frontpage/ folder, find following code line :

<?php echo JA_Tools::getFirstP($this->item->text); ?>

change to :

<?php echo $this->item->text; ?>

I have attached the file, you guys can download and keep it for future reference. 🙂

Again, thanks JA Support.

1. guide.txt
    ravynone Friend

This looks like it addresses the problem with ja_cooper. I am having the same problem with ja_teline II. The file structure is obviously different. Any chance JA Support can help me find the code to change in this template?

Thanks!

<em>@sfpkent 120394 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Ok guys, JA support team has helped me to solve the problem. Thanks JA.

Here is the solution:

Open default_item.php file in templates/ja_cooper_business/html/com_content/frontpage/ folder, find following code line :

Again, thanks JA Support.</blockquote>

sfpkent Friend

Hi ravynone,

What JA support told me is JCE editore caused the problem, I don’t know if you are using JCE as well. If that so, maybe you can try to reinstall. I really not sure about the problem. I just told you what JA support told me.

Have you try the solution that I posted above?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum