Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to test puresite template on iphone, but unfortunately it seems that the demo site is not responsive enabled.

I tested in in the browser but it’s not 100% reliable. The same goes for online simulators.

Is there any slideshow, carousel for puresite template?

Can you make the main menu sticky on top?

Kind regards,
    Alex

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@alxttr 315082 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I would like to test puresite template on iphone, but unfortunately it seems that the demo site is not responsive enabled.

I tested in in the browser but it’s not 100% reliable. The same goes for online simulators.

Is there any slideshow, carousel for puresite template?

Can you make the main menu sticky on top?

Kind regards,
    Alex</blockquote>

Thanks alxttr,

Oops, the demo site was loaded with the frame and that prevents the site to be responsive. Thanks for pointing that out for us, we’ll be looking into fixing this a bit :cool:.

Meanwhile if you need to check out puresite on iphone, instead of going to http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_puresite to view, you can ge rid of everything from # and before it, you will be able to test it out on your iPhone @ http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_puresite/

For slideshow, if we put in JA Slideshow as well as other slideshow which already have their own fixed width and height, that would break the responsive layout on iphone and other tablets. Will work on desktop though ;).

For main menu, you can now install the demo builder and start playing with it 😉

alxttr Friend

Hi again,

1. I understand your actual sliders and carousels issues but there are out there responsive carousels and slideshow which work. Let’s just say I was expecting a little bit more from a well known template provider that you are.

2. What happened with the submenus on iphone?

3. Without all these feature your template is almost naked.

4. Nevertheless… it is prefferable to have something that works 100% and offer a good user experience.

Kind regards,
    Alex

jobnomade Friend

Hi Alex,

thanks for having high expectations 😉 will challenge us to to better stuff.
    For now we support only the frame for being responsive. Plugins and extensions need to be discussed by us internally what we will consider to be responsive.

2. What do you mean with <blockquote>2. What happened with the submenus on iphone?</blockquote> can you be more specific?

<blockquote>3. Without all these feature your template is almost naked.</blockquote>
    Designing a website for mobile is focus on content. And this is what we believe in that the design supports the content to shine especially for mobile devices where the user don’t want to have fancy animations or features. You might be interested in to read this book http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?933

<blockquote>4. Nevertheless… it is prefferable to have something that works 100% and offer a good user experience.</blockquote>
    Responsive design is still in a “pioneer” phase and we still need to figure out different/better way to create a “good user experience”. By the way what is your definition of “good user experience” and working 100%?

Cheers

alxttr Friend

<em>@nhanvt 315971 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Alex,

thanks for having high expectations 😉 will challenge us to to better stuff.
    For now we support only the frame for being responsive. Plugins and extensions need to be discussed by us internally what we will consider to be responsive.

2. What do you mean with can you be more specific?
    I haven’t seen a submenu on the iphone menu. Only the main menu. How do you navigate to a item’s child on the iphone?

Designing a website for mobile is focus on content. I tottaly agree.

And this is what we believe in that the design supports the content to shine especially for mobile devices where the user don’t want to have fancy animations or features. You might be interested in to read this book http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?933

Responsive design is still in a “pioneer” phase and we still need to figure out different/better way to create a “good user experience”. By the way what is your definition of “good user experience” and working 100%?
    I did not find anything broken on the site.

Cheers</blockquote>

jobnomade Friend

Hi Alex,

good points. This was our first responsive template which we developed with our T3 framework. And we just do not support 2nd level navigation in the mobile version. As I pointed out this is our first steps with responsive design and we will get better and better.
    But hey!!! You don’t need to wait much long end of the month we will release JA Lens and guess what? You will have the 2nd level navigation 😉

Cheers

lightstylenz Friend

Hello team,

Is there any chance to see you applying a fix to Puresite and make it have support for sub-menus on mobile devices? It is sort of unbelievable to see such a nice template being made useless due to technical limitations.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi lightstylenz,

With template puresite, we do not support 2nd level navigation in the mobile version. We just support dropdown and menu level 1.

I am afraid there is nothing we can do about it now as that would amount to customization request, which is out of support scope.

lightstylenz Friend

Ok, lets move on. Last hope was that it would be done for every Joomlart customer as it would obviously made the template less limited. I suppose that such a “fix” is not a minor move…Thanks for the prompt answer.

ghd123 Friend

Does this also apply to submenu items in the tablet?

Is there a fix to this yet? I need all submenu items to work on a tablet?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ghd123 353813 wrote:</em><blockquote>Does this also apply to submenu items in the tablet?

Is there a fix to this yet? I need all submenu items to work on a tablet?</blockquote>

You can follow my post at this thread maybe this can help you show submenu on JA Puresite Template

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum