Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Still a learning, will appreciate some advice on the process involved with upgrading a live and functioning site to Joomla 3.3

Basically, the site is built on the JA Fubix 2.5 template and I am planning on upgrading to JA Fubix 3.3, Am thinking that the Joomla 3.3 Quickstart files will have to be uploaded to the web server via FTP etc. That done, one will have to go into templates and then select the new template and then do the necessary clean up etc. I am used to switching templates etc. but haven’t tried doing it with quickstart files.

I understand that the site will have to be backed up etc. and the job done by a pro or developer but I just want to get a fair idea of what is involved.

Thanks for any pointers.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You do not need to use the quickstart installation if your website is already in production

You can install the new T3 Framework plugin and then install the Ja Fubix template for Joomla 3.3

That is for the Joomlart side .

Regarding the Joomla core update you should update the core version from 2.5 to 3.3 , so after backupped your website you should check for Joomla 3.3 compatibility of all your actual extensions installed, and update them when possible,
    Joomlart extensions can be easily updated via Ja extension Manager component

mgl908 Friend

Thanks Pavit, very informative.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mgl908 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum