Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to apply the template virtuemart of Orisite to another template, for example jtravel? How?

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

You actually CAN do this . . . .

First, you need to install the VirtueMart component into your JA Travel template (as you would any component).

Then, you would need to download the JA Oritiste template files (download the quickstart files) so you can obtain the VirtueMart theme files. They will be within the directory path –> componentscom_virtuemartthemes

You would then, basically, copy (or transfer, if you’re using an FTP client) the theme files from Orisite to the theme directory within your JA Travel template (same file path –> componentscom_virtuemartthemes )

Then you need to configure VirtueMart for your theme:

• Go to Components >> VirtueMart >> Admin >> Configuration
    • click on Site tab, in the Layout section
    • Set “Select the theme for your Shop”
    • click on Save
    • Set “Default number of products in a row” to 5 (of whatever number you want)
    • Set “Category Template”
    • Set “FLYPAGE” to flypage.xxx.tpl (with “xxx” being whatever the theme file for Orisite is named)
    • Check the box next to”Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing”
    • click on Save

Hop That Helps

pitxi_glass Friend

Thanks for your reply. I can not find the folder componentscom_virtuemartthemes (themes folder does not exist)

TomC Moderator

<em>@pitxi_glass 309233 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your reply. I can not find the folder componentscom_virtuemartthemes (themes folder does not exist)</blockquote>
    You mean within JA Orisite?

pitxi_glass Friend

In the quickstart JA Orisite, there is no folder /component/com_virtuemart/themes 🙁

TomC Moderator

<em>@pitxi_glass 309250 wrote:</em><blockquote>In the quickstart JA Orisite, there is no folder /component/com_virtuemart/themes :-(</blockquote>
    I will take a look myself and see if there is a different directory structure with the new VM 2.0

Will get back to you shortly.

TomC Moderator

Okay …. My thinking is that you could first install Virtuemart 2.0 into JA Travel, and then simply overwrite the com_virtuemart files and and mod_virtuemart files from the JA Orisite files.

Worth a shot – if for no other reason that to see how it works. I’m thinking it should work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum