Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’ve got a couple of users stating they have some display issues with our website template. No one else has stated an issue, and I can not replicate the issue on 4 different PCs I have at my home. However since two people brought it up I wanted to bring it up here to see if anyone else has experienced it.

One user says: “I only have one problem as i scroll down the page it stutters as if i dont have gfx drivers installed this happens in both firefox and IE 8 it could be my system but it doesnt happen on any other site

Second user says: “this is also happening to me on my work pc but not my home pc. My Work pc has a much lower end video card than home

Ideas? Observations? Suggestions? Comments?

mfcphil Friend

do you have a link to your site so people can check for you?

itgl72 Friend

I can PM the URL to anyone that wishes to take a look.

scotty Friend

You can PM me a link and I’ll have a look.

Sounds to me like you have some CPU load on your page. Maybe too many scrollers or slideshows maybe?

vwrmic Friend

I have a fairly powerful PC with a 512mb gfx and while your site isn’t really slow, I noticed a very slight lag in the scroll, not very noticeable mind you.

From past experiences I find it’s usually down to the background, especially when it’s a fixed large background and the site scrolls over it. Though your background isn’t that bad. Try removing it and setting a plain colour, just to see if the speeds it up?

itgl72 Friend

<em>@scotty 135190 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can PM me a link and I’ll have a look.

Sounds to me like you have some CPU load on your page. Maybe too many scrollers or slideshows maybe?</blockquote>

Ill PM you now.

I have a shoutbox, no real fancy stuff on front page. I dont think anyway. Again, I have tested on 4 PC, and 500 people were emailed to come check out the site the last few days, only two complained and 1 said only one of his PC had issues so it might be an oddball thing. My laptop is not very high end and it runs the site fine.

This post is a precaution just to check things out.

PM sent…

scotty Friend

I can’t see any problems whatsoever and I can’t see anything that would cause such a problem either.

vwrmic Friend

If your site is on shared hosting, which I would imagine it is, that perhaps could be a cause? I suppose it would depend on your host.

bennitos Friend

can you send me the url aswell, ill take a look aswell.

itgl72 Friend

<em>@vwrmic 135196 wrote:</em><blockquote>If your site is on shared hosting, which I would imagine it is, that perhaps could be a cause? I suppose it would depend on your host.</blockquote>

Now, its a dedicated box we rent and we run it ourselves.

bennitos Friend

no problems here multiple browsers and multiple pc’s

itgl72 Friend

Thanks all for checking it out. 😎

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  itgl72 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum