Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mysteriously, a day after sending my site live, it has switched from the default blue to black, and will not change back to blue! :confused: The blue icon is actually selected when you look at the front end. From the backend, it still says color variation:default in the params.ini (default meaning blue). I allow the user to change colors if they want.

Clicking on the blue or black icon in the front end makes no difference – it just stays black. Don’t know what’s gone wrong as it was happily blue for months of development! I have not made any recent changes to the template except for:
    – registering the domain with Joomlart
    – I got an incompatible bug fix from Joomlart support: Base.class.php, but I reinstalled the original version.

I have searched the forum and I noticed item http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=41081&postcount=11
    mentioned a conflict with cache. But on my web site, the cache plugin is already disabled, so this is not the cause of the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Merry Christmas:D

cjmicro Friend

Can you post the url?

Did you clear your browser cache as well? I wouldn’t think that would be it but you never know, might as well try.

Cheryl

bennitos Friend

cjmicro is right, this problem is usually solved with clearing your browser cache and cookies.

Had the same problem with one of my sites.

missyw Friend

<em>@cjmicro 96946 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you clear your browser cache as well? I wouldn’t think that would be it but you never know, might as well try.</blockquote> I appreciate the suggestion, but yes I did.

<em>@bennitos 96958 wrote:</em><blockquote>cjmicro is right, this problem is usually solved with clearing your browser cache and cookies.

Had the same problem with one of my sites.</blockquote> Oh yes, I cleared my browser cache and cookies, but still had the problem.

Quite possibly it was due to my running an old version 1.0 of the template. I recently got some Joomlart support which included some template files uploads which may not have been compatible with the old version. There was some other strange behaviour that was happening with the template. I decided to upgrade the Ja Corona template to the latest version 1.4 which also includes some bug fixes, and presto its all fixed.

It has however made me a bit nervous about allowing color changes. I no longer give the user the option! (Once bitten, twice shy, as they say)

Thank you both.:)

cjmicro Friend

<blockquote>It has however made me a bit nervous about allowing color changes. I no longer give the user the option! (Once bitten, twice shy, as they say)

Thank you both.</blockquote>

Glad you figured it out. Personally I don’t use the color change option to visitors because as a designer I try to make things follow a certain color scheme, and there are elements of each color’s style sheet that might not match!!

For example, I created a little gif on top of my trona menu, and it matches the green. I would have to then create 3 little gifs for each color …. not impossible, but much more time consuming!! So unless someone requests it I keep it off too.

Cheryl

ostonica Friend

Sorry for this post. please ignore I found the answer lower down in the Forum. Thanks Cheryl

Jim

I would like to remove that colour change option, but I would first like to set the default colour to the black view. Please could someone let me know how I might do that?

Thanks

Jim

cjmicro Friend

Have you set the template to the color you want in the template parameters? (extensions/template manager then click on your template and edit)? If so, then you should be able to turn off the color choices and it will be what you selected. You may have to clear your browser cache because it could be caching old version of the page.

Cheryl

ostonica Friend

Yes, Cheryl, I got it to work fine.

Many thanks

Jim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ostonica 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum