Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

This email is what i had sent to my hosting company godaddy.com however am posting it here as well cause that warning came in the backend when i try to clear cache and please if there is anything you find on the server send me back here so can bring this up with hosting company or any suggestion you may have, on the other hand the site is slow and it has default plugins that comes in site only plugin install in site is lazy loader even when turned off its the same thing images have been smushed also and still same issue please i need some help or suggestion to get this site working faster, and rid those errors from coming up, also i can’t save anything in backend when i try to save it spools alot .

this site is moving extremely slow it runs very good on our testing server when we upload site on your server it runs very slow loading time is about 45 secs, also there are some errors keeps coming up on the back end that i had emailed to you all before and its not an file issue or anything have to do with the software we have tested the site on other hosting accounts and it works perfectly and runs smoothly without errors here are the errors again and as stated before in previous email this is due to permissions issue that is not configured properly on the server.

Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>D:Hosting9164026htmllibrariesjoomlacachestoragewincache.php</b> on line <b>150</b><br />

am not able to save in the joomla backend at all because of the permission issue there is on server please take the time to go over hosting account permissions as we can’t give the client this site unless they are able to save data in backend which we can’t or make any time of changes from the server it self..

TomC Moderator

Thank you for your message . . . . .

Your experience is, unfortunately, not uncommon when it comes to hosting with GoDaddy. GoDaddy – in mine (and many of my Support Team colleagues’ opinion – is one of the most difficult and user unfriendly webhost providers one can use. They give their customers very little control over their own web hosting accounts, and it is amazingly difficult to navigate through the GoDaddy interface to try to find/figure out how to even use/configure various elements of one’s hosting account (i.e. database configuration, file manager, email, etc.).

Nevertheless, you did the right thing in writing to GoDaddy’s Technical Support with regard to – what appears to be – a server permissions issue. Hopefully, the GoDaddy Tech Support people will be able to assist you properly with checking and setting the server account permissions to allow for regular use and operations of your site. (In general, permissions should be set at 755 for folders and 644 for files).

Keep us posted as to GoDaddy’s reply to your email and issue.

grb media works Friend

<em>@TomC 312945 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for your message . . . . .

Your experience is, unfortunately, not uncommon when it comes to hosting with GoDaddy. GoDaddy – in mine (and many of my Support Team colleagues’ opinion – is one of the most difficult and user unfriendly webhost providers one can use. They give their customers very little control over their own web hosting accounts, and it is amazingly difficult to navigate through the GoDaddy interface to try to find/figure out how to even use/configure various elements of one’s hosting account (i.e. database configuration, file manager, email, etc.).

Nevertheless, you did the right thing in writing to GoDaddy’s Technical Support with regard to – what appears to be – a server permissions issue. Hopefully, the GoDaddy Tech Support people will be able to assist you properly with checking and setting the server account permissions to allow for regular use and operations of your site. (In general, permissions should be set at 755 for folders and 644 for files).

Keep us posted as to GoDaddy’s reply to your email and issue.</blockquote>

thank you kindly for your response, and they did email me back, an they suggest that i switch to an linux hosting rather than windows, however am still worried about the site speed if this will help as i have other clients who are on godaddy and have linux hosting and there site moves slow as well an its alot of preasure trying to configure the site or should i say optimize an site to its full potential when its just slow on there. am not sure either if the client will want to swith to another host provider can you give some recommendations, for best shared hosting or vps on servers that can handle joomlart templates and site optimization as far as css js caching, and compress as well. also here is part of the email godaddy sent me, also i think you guys should put in your terms an condition and or even on your message boards about certain hosting companies that your clients may experience issues with especially if its an shared hosting, an probably provide some recommendations as well to us members … thanks again

Thank you for your reply. It appears that you are running a PHP based application on a Windows Hosting plan. The help article that was provided is assuming that you have access to Chmod permissions, which is only available on Linux, not Windows.

Unless you have a need to use a MS SQL database or ASP scripting, you may wish to move the Hosting plan to Linux to have access to Chmod permissions.

Also you will want to optimize the site, as well as the database, to reduce any issue with site performance.

There is some load being detected on the server, which in addition to the size of the site, is causing the latency you have been describing.

The permissions should be addressed by moving to Linux and updating the permissions.

If you find that you need to switch the operating system of your hosting account, you can do so at any time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  grb media works 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum