Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi there

I am using JAMethys, and I am having trouble with the Page Assignment function. At the moment, this works for certain menu
    items, but not others. I am able to select the relevant menu item, and place a tick in the box; however, after I hit the “Select” button,
    nothing appears in the box where the menu id should appear, and the template does not change for the relevant page.

If a moderator can take a look I’d be really grateful.

Thanks so much.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Is there any error occur when you assignin menu item? Did you make any update?

elenas Friend

No “error” as such, but the selection simply does not work. The tick appears in the box, but after hitting “select” the menu number does not appear in the field as it is supposed to do.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi elenas,

PM me admin and FTP account, I shall check this for you.

elenas Friend

Hi Saguaros – Thanks so much. Did you get my PM? Please let me know if you have difficulties accessing the site.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi elenas,

I tried to select a menu item to assign profile and it does display in box: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/516/7512923547.png

elenas Friend

Hi Saguaros
    THere are some menu items that work and some that do not.
    Our site work has ground to a standstill because of this bug. It is definitely an issue with JA Methys because all other templates work fine for page assignments, including other JA templates.
    It seems that your tech people are unable or unwilling to debug – *************** PLEASE tell me which database stores the page assignment information so that I can edit this myself. **************** My site has ground to a halt because of this – it is endangering our business.
    Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I just wanna update solution here if others have the same problem:

– The problem comes from the database, remove 2 menu items with id 1265 and 1266 in menu articles-direct-links (article links)
    <blockquote>
    [90] => stdClass Object
    (
    [value] => 1265
    => com_weblinks_links
    [level] => 0
    [menutype] => articles-direct-links
    => component
    => 0
    => 0
    [language] => *
    )

[91] => stdClass Object
    (
    [value] => 1266
    => com_weblinks_categories
    [level] => 0
    [menutype] => articles-direct-links
    => component
    => 0
    => 0
    [language] => *
    )
    </blockquote>

– Since, these cannot be removed in your site :(( so I added some script to filter:

In file: /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/core/admin/util.php

add to this function: private function buildMenu($menuType)

[PHP]$tlinks = array($links[0]);
    for ($i = 1; $i < $n; $i++) {
    if($links[$i]->level != 0){
    $tlinks[] = $links[$i];
    }
    }

$links = $tlinks;
    $n = count($links);[/PHP]

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum