Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

OK yes I am new to all this Joomla & Joomlart templates, but so far I have been working on a new site using JA_Kranos and things going OK albiet a little a slow as my understanding increases. Anyway it is more a sport related site so since at the arly stage of development I wanted to try this new template JA_Orisite but when I download the template zip and install via the upload & install I get the report OK install.. but does not show up in the Template Manager ?

I have does this many times before with other templates and not had this issue before and assume I am missing something simple here… so apologies but please help.:)

Phill Moderator

Could you PM me a super admin logon and a link to your site so I can check for you? Please include a link to this thread in your PM.

shinglis Friend

Thanks PM Sent.

Phill Moderator

This seemed to be a Joomla bug. I simply went to Extension Manager>Discover and saw that this alnong with a load of other stuff was in the list. I have pressed the discover button and now your template shows.

shinglis Friend

OK thanks – FYI it was my intention to “play” with the site & template to understand it’s workings before upload too much data and then when a little more comfortable complete a fresh install of Joomla & template which would hopefully remove a lot of the current not required items.

Phill Moderator

The best place to play is on your local machine. If you install a tool such as WAMP then you can install as many websites locally on your desktop as you want. Saves all that messy uploading etc. Once setup you can install Joomla in less than a minute and play to your hearts content.

shinglis Friend

Yes I am aware of local installs but at the moment I need the flexibility to work on it from different locations and saves carting my laptop about.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shinglis 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum