Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Please PM me an admin logon and an ftp account so I can take a look for you. Please include a link to this thread in your PM so I can find it quickly.

amypath Friend

Hi I’ve exactly same problem, the save button spin since layout editor window open up. Even I changed permission to the file params.ini to 777, it doesn’t help. What should I do.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@amypath 319770 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi I’ve exactly same problem, the save button spin since layout editor window open up. Even I changed permission to the file params.ini to 777, it doesn’t help. What should I do.</blockquote>

You can try to enable the FTP option in the Global configuration and enter your FTP Info there, I hope it should help !

anjanphukan Friend

Has anybody solved it? I have the same issue. I tried it in different browsers and checked the file permissions. It works fine in localhost.

Please help.

Phill Moderator

It is almost always file permissions or file ownership. If you google the chown and chmod commands there is lots more info detailing Linux file permissions than I can detail here. Quite often what we find is that when you FTP files to a server they are placed in one group. That group on the server does not allow the group or user that the server itself uses to write files any access. This is often done for security reasons. Most hosts have a simple way to fix this but as all hosts are different it is impossible to give you the exact fix. Sometimes enabling the FTP layer in joomla can be used as a workaround simply because joomla then writes all files via a pseudo FTP so the file ownership is still as per the FTP group as far as your hosting is concerned. Hopefully I haven’t confused you further.

anjanphukan Friend

My FTP setting is enabled. But still it’s not working.

Phill Moderator

Your host will probably be the best people to advise on the exact permissions you need to set. You can try setting the permissions of the files and folders in the templates folder to 755 or whatever your host advises. They will also be able to tell from the logs (if you give an exact time of the error) why a write was rejected by your server and be able to advise.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum