Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a question about the mobile template of JA Social. When I start by watching my site on my mobile it shows the normal desktop version, what is OK. But when I am clicking on a link and go to a page it shows it in mobile version or something. In the template setting I have disabled the mobile, handheld template settings, so I would exspect that it keeps on showing the site in desktop mode. Unfortunately it goes to a certain mobile version. In the attachment a picture of waht I am seeing. Can someone explain to me how I can keep the desktop version on any mobile device.

Thanks

1. foto
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi remmers,

There maybe a profile (in template manager > profile tab), which is using mobile layout, is being assigned to menu item of that page.

Kindly check all profiles in your site again > find that profile and assign to default desktop layout.

Bas Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Thanks for the tip but it is not doing the trick. All my other pages are fine only when I am clicking on a job it goes wrong. My site is http://www.seizoenwerk.nl maybe if you see for yourself you understand what is going on.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Did you try to switch default template to another standard template of Joomla? and open a job again to see this issue persists or not? If not, there would be problem with template and I will check for you, otherwise, it will come from that 3rd party component.

Bas Friend

Hi, I tried to test it but is was not so easy because I didn’t want to change th whole site with the standard template. When I use the standard atomic template, the job is shown almost compleet but on my iphone I can’t enlarge the screen while this can be done with all the other pages. I find it strange that it only happens with the jobs. What I also find very strange is that at the bottom the template tells me to have the possibility to switch to mobile version, while I disabled mobile template, how is that possible. If you would like to have acces to investigate, let me know.

To compare the same component on another site, you ca see that here the component is showing correctly: http://www.projects4you.de

Saguaros Moderator

Could you pm me admin & ftp account of your site for further checking? also take a backup of your site first.

Bas Friend

Hi,

I have asked the buildere of the component if they know something and they told me that there component is not suitable for mobile, so it is not a template issue. Still I do not understand why the template is going in mobile mode while it is disabled. Do you still want my details so you can have a look.

Saguaros Moderator

It’s so hard in this case because if that component doesn’t support mobile, its style will break the layout like that.

Anyway, you can pm me admin and ftp account of your site and also take a backup of your site first, I will try to check. Could I also disable this component while debugging?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum