Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello,

from time to time I encounter a serious problem in template settings: Suddenly the layout dropdown in the layout tab is grayed out showing “Select an option” and I cannot set/switch layouts.
    This is very annoying! Right now, I just switched some modules on and off in responsive layout, saved and bang: Our three-column start page style (using home layout) was set to two-column “default” and I cannot revert it back to our desired one.
    Hence, our start page is broken: https://www.ulc-moedling.at/ (should display three-columns layout with slideshow and sidenews).

Update:
    I am encountering this on our production site as well as on our test site. The latter has several other JA templates installed (for previous tests) and Teline_V also shows this issue. So maybe there is something with T3 Framework (we are using 2.4.9). Restarting web server/rebooting machine did not help.

Update2:
    Until now, I also deactivated and reactivated T3 Framework plugin and even uninstalled and reinstalled it: No way. Layout dropdown is empty/grayed-out.

Update 3:
    I realized that above saving action damaged table myPrefix_template_styles:
    There were two rows for my two template styles. Both were missing layout, sublayout and megamenu information.
    So I manually deleted those two rows from this table and restored them from latest nightly database backup.
    Now the site is displayed correctly again.
    However: When entering template settings, layout dropdown is still empty/deactivated.
    Where is the information located that populates this dropdown box? In the database? Maybe another table was damaged.

Can you tell me what’s wrong here? It’s really urgent.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kondrich,

Could you please provide your site url with temporary admin / FTP account via private reply so I can investigate the problem ?

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Hi @adam M,

I just sent pm.

Thank you for your support!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kondrich,

Just sent you a pm, please check.

Klaus Ondrich Friend

The problem vanished as suddenly as it appeared. I will keep an eye on it.

Update: It vanished yesterday. Today the dropdown box is empty again. wtf?!

Klaus Ondrich Friend

The problem vanished as suddenly as it appeared. I will keep an eye on it.

Update: It vanished yesterday. Today the dropdown box is empty again. wtf?!

Klaus Ondrich Friend

This issue seems to be the same issue as here, right?
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/help-missing-layout-in-template-manager/

Klaus Ondrich Friend

This issue seems to be the same issue as here, right?
    http://id.joomlart.com/forums/topic/help-missing-layout-in-template-manager/

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kondrich,

I have fixed the problem for you, please check the result. In addition, I sent a report to our development team to improve the T3 framework code to avoid this problem in next release.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kondrich,

I have fixed the problem for you, please check the result. In addition, I sent a report to our development team to improve the T3 framework code to avoid this problem in next release.

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Hi @adam M,

thank you very much for fixing this! I confirm that dropdown box is populated again on production site. Was the assumption right that it was a general T3 Framework issue rather than a Fubix issue?

Would you be so kind to post a changelog here (affected files and changes there). I would like to know what has changed. And perhaps anyone else wants to know, too.

I changed the status of the thread to “Solved” ? finally. Great!

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Hi @adam M,

thank you very much for fixing this! I confirm that dropdown box is populated again on production site. Was the assumption right that it was a general T3 Framework issue rather than a Fubix issue?

Would you be so kind to post a changelog here (affected files and changes there). I would like to know what has changed. And perhaps anyone else wants to know, too.

I changed the status of the thread to “Solved” ? finally. Great!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kondrich,

You can check the change here.

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Thanks for link to git issue.

There is only one question left: Why did this list work at the beginning, why did it suddenly stop working, why work again, why stop again?

Klaus Ondrich Friend

Thanks for link to git issue.

There is only one question left: Why did this list work at the beginning, why did it suddenly stop working, why work again, why stop again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum