Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I purchased this template to use it for web hosting site – assuming that I will install it and that’s all I have to do to have an exact look as a demo. What I found is confusing: should I do some code modifcation in order to make it work? Can any one provide me with step by step instructions with configuration? Funny question: where are this nice server pictures associated with hositn plans? :-*

bennitos Friend

to get the template running in a easy way without modifying too much, just use the quick install package

instantinlaw Friend

bennitos is correct. When you install the quickstart package (unzip first), you get an exact copy of the demo. All you have to do then is change the content to suit your needs.
    Install the quickstart files just like a normal Joomla install, but make sure you click install sample data when prompted.
    Good luck.

bkhrgin Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 59316 wrote:</em><blockquote>bennitos is correct. When you install the quickstart package (unzip first), you get an exact copy of the demo. All you have to do then is change the content to suit your needs.
    Install the quickstart files just like a normal Joomla install, but make sure you click install sample data when prompted.
    Good luck.</blockquote>
    We’re getting closer. I use fantrastico to isntall my joomla. How can I install quickstrart? Please note, I am an MS developer, so you can consider me as complete beginner wiht joomla and apache.

instantinlaw Friend

DONT USE FANTASTICO!
    If your host does not have the latest version of fantastico installed the version of Joomla that you are running will be outdated.
    All you need to do is upload all the core Joomla files (in the quickstart package) to your root via ftp, then open your browser and go to your site http://www.yoursite.com and follow the screen prompts.
    It’s so easy that even a MS developer can do it. 😉

bennitos Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 59462 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    It’s so easy that even a MS developer can do it. ;)</blockquote>

Nice touch 😀

instantinlaw Friend

bennitos;59463Nice touch 😀

LOL :laugh: Just kidding though bkhrgin :p
    But seriously though, don’t forget to click “install sample data” when you get to that screen!

bkhrgin Friend

Thanks a lot! Having an MS experience, I was pressing keyboard buttons randlomly, and apparently came to the same solution as you suggetsted! :p

instantinlaw Friend

bkhrgin;59480Thanks a lot! Having an MS experience, I was pressing keyboard buttons randlomly, and apparently came to the same solution as you suggetsted! :p

LOL Even funnier :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Good luck with your site.:)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum