Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Before I start, i would like to say thank you for all the designs done and templates. I really enjoy working with some of the templates used for my clients. Many of the designs done are nice. I have used a few.

However after using my 3rd or 4th time with a different template. I have to give some feedback regarding the usage of the templates.

unfortunately Its not good..

The original concept of joomla is to enable customisation, flexible editing of the design, Html and CSS can be edited easily. They are all stored in 1 file.

Now take Halite for example.
    The Parameters.ini only make things complicated and not flexible.
    Second, if i want to actually edit the html/index.php file, I cant do it there. Instead i get

<blockquote> $japarams = new JParameter(”);
    $japarams->set( ‘menutype’, $tmplTools->getParam(‘menutype’, ‘mainmenu’) );
    $japarams->set( ‘menu_images_align’, ‘left’ );
    $japarams->set( ‘menupath’, $tmplTools->templateurl() .’/ja_menus’);
    $japarams->set(‘menu_images’, 1); //0: not show image, 1: show image which set in menu item
    $japarams->set(‘menu_background’, 1); //0: image, 1: background
    $japarams->set(‘mega-colwidth’, 200); //Megamenu only: Default column width
    $jamenu = $tmplTools->loadMenu($japarams, $ja_menutype);
    } </blockquote> And some other stuff..

For example why i need to edit the template:
    The reason why i need to check the file is because under my IE 7, the warning sign for IE 6 comes out. And its very annoying. So i want to remove that.

I have to actually find another way to go and find the actually template file. it keeps changing for all templates in joomlart which makes it pretty frustrating. So now basically i find out that the template code is actually in the LAYOUTS Folder. So now i cannot edit directly and have to upload and replace this file instead.

Next.
    CSS

I go to EDIT CSS
    8337 This is what i see.

Breaking up CSS does not make it any good to edit. Its better to have just 1 file to work with.
    What are the rest for? On my end it makes it pretty frustrating to figure out which setting is in where.

If its just in one file it would be much easier.

The new layout t3, might be custom and “easy” for people who know how to use it.

But i hope there is just a straight forward way to also have just 1 template file and 1 css file to work with in the future. I think it would make things alot easier for some people.

Maybe i am misssing something.. or not doing it right, but i find just working with the template and css the easy way…

1. CSS
    rheo99 Friend

please see this.

http://www.maxximusconsultancy.com/index.php

As you can see the white banner is there.. the text looks different in Explorer and in Chrome and Firefox

rheo99 Friend

Hi, i found this problem only occurs in ie7 and chrome (i thnk). in safari and firefox it works fine. The text can be seen.

Otherwise in IE7, its white.

Laura Rubino Friend

Lol, Joomlart is superb,..if you need to change the layout of any template. Please go to the layouts folder. They are meticulously arranged so you won’t get confused.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Rubino 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum