Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have installed the Ohanah Event Component and have been having a problem. Everything works fine until I go to a Single Event view, and it renders a blank page. I have been working with the component developer, and so far we are unable to figure out what the problem is. We do know that the problem does not exist in other templates, just playmag. He suggested I reach out to you to see if you had any ideas.

Whenever the page tries to load, the following error is logged:

[20-Jul-2014 00:56:58 America/Chicago] PHP Notice: Undefined property: JTableContent::$params in /home/epgn/public_html/plugins/system/t3/t3.php on line 371
    [20-Jul-2014 00:56:58 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in /home/epgn/public_html/plugins/system/t3/t3.php on line 371

Here is the code around line 371 of the t3.php file referenced in the error log:

public function onContentPrepare ($context, &$article, &$params, $page = 0) {
    // update params for Article View
    if ($context == ‘com_content.article’) {
    $app = JFactory::getApplication();
    $tmpl = $app->getTemplate(true);
    if ($tmpl->params->get(‘link_titles’) !== NULL) {
    $article->params->set(‘link_titles’, $tmpl->params->get(‘link_titles’));
    }
    }
    }
    }

You can see how the event displays on my front end by clicking here:

http://192.185.150.48/~epgn/index.php/events

That page renders properly. If you click on the event title or the ‘read more’ link, you’ll get a blank page.

Let me know if you have any ideas about what might be causing the conflict. Thanks!

micahmj11 Friend

What exactly is this function used for? I tried commenting out the function, and my problem was fixed. I tested other parts of the site, and I could not determine any detrimental effect on the site by losing the function. That may be a possible work around solution if the functionality isn’t needed somewhere else, and we cannot figure out why the error is happening.

Ninja Lead Moderator

This component is paid download, I do not have it for testing. please provide me this package via PM (because I need to forward it to development team).

Regarding the problem on your site, I have raised this as a bug for development team here, They will need time to check it.

We will try to get in touch with the devs of the component to get more details.

Regards

micahmj11 Friend

Thank you so much for looking into this. I have PMed you a link to download the component for testing.

Ninja Lead Moderator

This is temporary fix, it will help you to solve the problem on your site while you wait for next JA T3 framework release

Open plugins/system/t3/t3.php file

if ($context == 'com_content.article') {
    if ($tmpl->params->get('link_titles') !== NULL) {
    $article->params->set('link_titles', $tmpl->params->get('link_titles'));
    }
    }
    }

To

if ($context == 'com_content.article') {
    if ($tmpl->params->get('link_titles') !== NULL) {
    if (isset($article->params) && is_object($article->params)) $article->params->set('link_titles', $tmpl->params->get('link_titles'));
    }
    }
    }

micahmj11 Friend

Thank you so much. That did the trick. I really love the template, and your customer service. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  micahmj11 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum