Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Dont think this should be happening but JA Sarga breaks in IE when width is reduced. Please help?:confused: http://www.hosting-webdesign.co.za/webdesign-facts.html I switched the screen width picker off but this is not ideal….i would like users with smaller monitors to be able to choose how they want it displayed and not have the template brake in IE….

dogtags Friend

When you say “breaks”, what do you mean? Do you mean that the top nav crunches underneath to another line or something like that? If so, you’d have to adjust things like images or top menu items so that they don’t exceed the narrower width constraints. I’ve seen this in many templates that have width switchers. HTH 🙂

terence Friend

When you say “breaks”, what do you mean? Do you mean that the top nav crunches underneath to another line or something like that? If so, you’d have to adjust things like images or top menu items so that they don’t exceed the narrower width constraints. I’ve seen this in many templates that have width switchers. HTH :)</blockquote>
    Hi Dog Tags.

No o dont mean with the Top navigation bar. That happens yes by i figured ways around that for now, however i would like to find out from you how to adjust the images and top menu items because i would be adding more items soon and would end up with the same problem.

By template breaking i mean main content pushes completely left into the ( i would call it left colom). So typically what would happen is the text would overlap so far left that the menu items run away to the bottom of the page…..:-)

gregory3 Friend

Interesting, I have many menu items also but they just loop to just below the top menu items. I’m trying to consolodate the menu’s a bit more to fix this, but they don’t go to the bottom of the page. Thats odd.
    A quick fix suggestion – Don’t know if it will work or if you want to do this but try disabling the right coloum – ie. make your right column modules left column modules and see if you get the same problem. That might fix your content issue.

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi terence,
    You have turned off the screen chooser so I could not view what happen with your site in narrow screen. However, as your description, I guess that there’s something on your site wider than its container. If you still cannot fix this problem, please turn on the screen chooser, I will take a look.

terence Friend

The Switcher is on, please have a quick look, it is a live site and i dont want any clients visiting to see that….

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi terence,
    The near bottom content (“Mini Hosting” and “Max Hosting”) is a table with width 470px. You should reduce this width to fix the problem.

gregory3 Friend

Works fine for me.

terence Friend

Hi khahn, thank you for that responce. I spent today fixing all the content that destroyd my pretty template. 🙂 The only thing still “breaking out” is the who is module. You can have a squiz if you like:
    http://www.hosting-webdesign.co.za

Khanh Le Moderator

What happen with who is module, terence? If it is the small text, you could set its font-size larger (currently, it is 4px).

terence Friend

No Khanh,

Not Little who is part you see on the frontpage. If you do a search on it… For instance take my domain http://www.hosting-webdesign.co.za and place only the hosting-webdesign part in there and search. This should show you how the template breaks out.

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi terence,
    This problem comes from the component. You should contact the author of this component to fix it. Moreover, the html code generated by this component is not good. There’s alot of HTML Validation warning your that page.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum