Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’ve just signed up to the JATC and downloaded the Ores files from the JATC Club Templates forum.

The Template and Quickstart zip files both contained “desktop_.ini” which according to McAfee is infected with W32/Fujacks.remnants

Here are a list of the infected file locations

ja_oresquickstartjatc_ores_j15templatesja_oreshtmlcom_jacommentthemesja-ores-darkimagesDesktop_.ini
    ja_oresquickstartjatc_ores_j15templatesja_oreshtmlcom_jacommentthemesja-ores-lightimagesDesktop_.ini
    ja_orestemplateja_ores.v1.1.3htmlcom_jacommentthemesja-ores-darkimagesDesktop_.ini
    ja_orestemplateja_ores.v1.1.3htmlcom_jacommentthemesja-ores-lightimagesDesktop_.ini

Is anyone else aware of this issue and is there a virus free download available?

Saguaros Moderator

Dear achiever!

Thanks for reporting, right now i’ll check it

Saguaros Moderator

Dear achiever!

I checked this issue in detail, they are not virus files. our developers had a mistaken when commited files to the download, they ‘ll clean up those files at the next version

Thanks a lot

achiever Friend

Hi Tienhc,

Thank you for investigating this.

I submitted the template zip to Virus Total and it confirmed the zip contained infected files.

Here is the analysis
    http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/2ebec0f5779ef628e88e441d51342636e2da63e4b26fa88f8e74203f5debb681-1274860843

Perhaps the machine which hosts the source or the machine used to create the zip was infected at some point which is why the desktop_.ini files exist.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

HI achiever,

Thanks for the info, the package has been checked and the files in question removed. It has been updated in the download section. Please download again, or you can even delete the said files and use the earlier package for installation.

Regards

Arvind

smitheringale Friend

<em>@drarvindc 180046 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI achiever,

Thanks for the info, the package has been checked and the files in question removed. It has been updated in the download section. Please download again, or you can even delete the said files and use the earlier package for installation.

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>

Hello,

I plan to use Ja Ores on 3-5 websites over the next couple of weeks. Can you let me know what I should do with regards ensuring the website is free from viruses, malware and any other problems?

I am running a 1 week old download on one site and a 1 month old download on another site.

Obviously, it will be a real pain to have to delete everything and start again, would you recommend I do this or is there an easier solution?

Cheers 🙂

Phill Moderator

Just delete the files mentioned in the first post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum