Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hello

The front-end of my site is displaying a 404 error (article not found). Following any of the visible links will navigate you to the correct page but then another 404 is displayed. Attempting to navigate by typing the /page into the address bar has the same result.

The back-end is working correctly.

This is the second time we have had this problem in the last week. A full site restoration fixed it the first time but now it has gone down again through no action of our own. I have contacted my host and am waiting for information.

Please will you take a look and offer any advice that you may hav to help us resolve this and to prevent it happening again in future.

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The super user details you submitted for site does not working .
    Kindly check and provide working details so i can take a look on the problem .

digitaldude Friend

Hi Pankaj

I’m sorry about that. The user was blocked. Details remain the same as above.

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I checked your the issue seems to be from the content , did u deleted/unpublished or moved any article or category to a different area (category ) because the error refer the article does not exist that is selected .
    As u said it work after restore the site , can u also let me know what step u did and this issue occur . It will help me solve this problem in less time .

digitaldude Friend

Hi
    I recreated the site from an akeeba backup I had made on the 23rd March. This worked and the site functioned correctly. I then added about 10 new articles and the site still worked correctly.
    Yesterday I uploaded one new article with an intro image. It still worked. A few hours later it stopped working. As far as I can see the article was a simple text article without any strange formatting and shouldn’t have impacted the site at all.

Is it possible to identify which article or category is causing the problem?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its hard which article creating this issue .
    As u are running on live site , first i suggest you to restore the site and move this site on a subdomain , so i can debug the problem on your subdomain and live site does not effected .

Always take backup of site before any major updates .

digitaldude Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I tested some the of articles on your site and published them , but i do not found any problem on site . The new articles are published and working fine , It might be some other changes that effected the site .

digitaldude Friend

Thank you. I see the changes you made and that it all works.

I will make the same changes on the live site and see if also works.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Sure . By the way adding article does not effect as u can see on your test site , You may notice the major changes if you will do in future and after that issue comes .

digitaldude Friend

Thanks for your help. I will start adding articles on the live site one by one and see what happens.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  digitaldude 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum