Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

hosting run out can’t afford to renew sorry

bigrk Friend

Yeah JA…Get smart and make this a sticky. Too many common problems go by without this happening. 😉

instantinlaw Friend

An excelent tutorial! I highly recommend watching it. 🙂

zaidja Friend

Hi.

I have seen the tutorial. It was great. But I have I big problem to install the template to the real site server since my knowledge is very limited . Can somebody show me, by video is better about next step after JSAS.
    I hope somebody out there can help .

Thanks

instantinlaw Friend

zaidja;20339Hi.

I have seen the tutorial. It was great. But I have I big problem to install the template to the real site server since my knowledge is very limited . Can somebody show me, by video is better about next step after JSAS.

Thanks

Installing a template to your site is exactly the same as installing it to JSAS.

ShannonN Friend

zaidja;20339Hi.

Thanks

HI Zaidja
    I made the video, as Bill says there really is no difference in installing to a live site, If you have really limited knowledge of what goes on at a server level and have a good host.

Email the host and ask if they would install this for you free, some greedy hosts charge extra for the service some don’t. But if you have no site already there you can’t hurt anything by trying yourself it’s simple and a learning experience.

In summary, you will need to know how to use a FTP program such as WS-FTP Pro,
    how to use a web browser, know your username and password for the domain/host and away you go.

Have a go! and if it doesn’t work, post back here and we’ll find time to help you further, but I encourage all readers to at east try it themselves
    Cheers ShannonN

instantinlaw Friend

ShannonN;20358HI Zaidja
    I made the video, as Bill says there really is no difference in installing to a live site, If you have really limited knowledge of what goes on at a server level and have a good host.

Email the host and ask if they would install this for you free, some greedy hosts charge extra for the service some don’t. But if you have no site already there you can’t hurt anything by trying yourself it’s simple and a learning experience.

In summary, you will need to know how to use a FTP program such as WS-FTP Pro,
    how to use a web browser, know your username and password for the domain/host and away you go.

Have a go! and if it doesn’t work, post back here and we’ll find time to help you further, but I encourage all readers to at east try it themselves
    Cheers ShannonN

It is very easy as Shannon states and is a lot of fun to learn, but there is one more thing you will need. You will need to either have your host set up a mySql database or set up one yourself, and write down all the settings because you will need them when setting up Joomla.

zaidja Friend

Thanks Shannon!,

Again the video was great.
    My knowledge is up to using FTP program such as Filezilla or cuteFTP, I have the server all infos which I got it from the hosting provider during the registration. My only problem is to setting up the server from localhost (in PC) how to set it to actual server address and make it works online.

Some of the hosting provider allow us to install using auto install (fantastico) to install joomla, but for installation in the root directory it needs manual installation. That’s the reason I tried to learn this, the other reason is because of the template such as Teline is very hard to set the module as per shown in the live demo, so I need to get it from a quickstart which need a manual installation.

OK thanks shannon.

zaidja

ShannonN Friend

zaidja;20372Thanks Shannon!,

Again the video was great.
    My knowledge is up to using FTP program such as Filezilla or cuteFTP, I have the server all infos which I got it from the hosting provider during the registration. My only problem is to setting up the server from localhost (in PC) how to set it to actual server address and make it works online.

Some of the hosting provider allow us to install using auto install (fantastico) to install joomla, but for installation in the root directory it needs manual installation. That’s the reason I tried to learn this, the other reason is because of the template such as Teline is very hard to set the module as per shown in the live demo, so I need to get it from a quickstart which need a manual installation.

OK thanks shannon.
    zaidja

If you must use a fantastico installation Install joomla a normal, make not of the dbase name joomla gives the installation plus teh password it gives you, this info is found in the global configuration in the administrator area under server I think write it down

Then using ftp upload the installation folder and the configuration.php file then use the web browser to go to the site and install from the panel like a manual installation select install sample data and drop tables add user name and password you got from server and it should install quickstart and new Joomla over the old one

or upload the whole local host install but change the ‘live site url to match your site in the configuration file first

Cheers ShannonN

zaidja Friend

Hi. Thanks shannon!

I guess the problem has been solve. I have refered to the installation using mysql and myphp (new lesson for me) 🙂 , I have uploaded all the files into public_html directory and run installation. Only problem is the configuration.php doesnt exist. I have creted my own this file and it’s worked.

Thanks again.Cheers!

ShannonN Friend

zaidja;20399Hi. Thanks shannon!

I guess the problem has been solve. I have refered to the installation using mysql and myphp (new lesson for me) 🙂 , I have uploaded all the files into public_html directory and run installation. Only problem is the configuration.php doesnt exist. I have creted my own this file and it’s worked.

Thanks again.Cheers!

Excellent work! Congratulations, It’s rewarding when you can get things happening teh way you want them to isn’t it? Great to see you developing new skills as well
    Cheers ShannonN

JoomLaTiDa Friend

so… has someone else got this video available somewhere, as it seems someone’s hosting has run out? Or is there some doc file or a few hints for the technically savvy???

-EDIT-

never mind, found the simple explanation in another post…

ecomo Friend

Hi, where can I get the Video-Tutorial?

Thanks for answer.

lgbtnation Friend

I don’t see the tourial? Am I missing something? cry, cry! I’m ready for Ja-teline!!!

A,

bigrk Friend

<em>@lgbtnation 26645 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t see the tourial? Am I missing something? cry, cry! I’m ready for Ja-teline!!!

A,</blockquote>

http://www.tutorials.joomlart.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum