Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I am trying to upgrade my system from Joomla 2.5 to the current 3.4. I am using the JA Teline IV for my joomla 2.5 system. I have upgraded the system to the Joomla 3.4. I had removed all third party components, module and plugin’s from my joomla 2.5 system and completed the upgrade to joomla 3.4. After adding the new ja teline template, modules and plugin’s for joomla 3.4 the JA News Pro and JA News Featured will not save the profile changes that I set. What should I look for to fix this problem. I have checked all the file and directory permissions and they are correct. I have loaded my other components and modules and they are working correctly. I can’t give you access to this system as it is on my dev box and can’t be reached for the outside. Thank you for you help.

treyr3d Friend

Hello is anybody there?
    This problem only seems to be with JA News Pro and JA News Featured. The template JA Teline IV T3 is working like it should. I have almost everything else setup for the switch over but this problem. Can someone please help….

Adam M Moderator

Hi @treyr3d ,

Please provide your site url and temporary back-end account via private reply so I can have a look at the problem for you.

treyr3d Friend

<em>@Adam M 464261 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @treyr3d ,

Please provide your site url and temporary back-end account via private reply so I can have a look at the problem for you.</blockquote>
    Sorry, This computer can’t be reached from the outside. It’s on my dev box.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @treyr3d,

In this case, please clarify a little bit about the problem so I can assist you better.

1. Did you see the message indicate that you module was saved after hit the Save button ?

2. After you hit Save, the browser should refresh with successful message in notification bar, did you see your browser refresh ?

3. If there’s an error message, could you please provide a screenshot ?

treyr3d Friend

<em>@Adam M 464432 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @treyr3d,

In this case, please clarify a little bit about the problem so I can assist you better.

1. Did you see the message indicate that you module was saved after hit the Save button ?

2. After you hit Save, the browser should refresh with successful message in notification bar, did you see your browser refresh ?

3. If there’s an error message, could you please provide a screenshot ?</blockquote>

Yes the browser did refresh and give me a message that the setting were saved. But, the settings on the screen after the refresh had changed back to the defaults.
    It did the same on both the JA News Pro and JA News Featured modules under the profiles tab.
    No error messages on the screen or in my log files.

treyr3d Friend

I believe I have found the problem. It works with the quickstart but, not when you install all the modules by hand.ie installing them with the Extension Manager. Is there away to bring my data over into the quickstart?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @treyr3d,

Please navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> add new >>> choose JA News Pro / JA News Featured then configure it to have the same setting as your existing module >>> save it and let me know the result.

treyr3d Friend

<em>@Adam M 464908 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @treyr3d,

Please navigate to admin >>> Extensions >>> Module Manager >>> add new >>> choose JA News Pro / JA News Featured then configure it to have the same setting as your existing module >>> save it and let me know the result.</blockquote>

I tried a new module as you asked and got the same results. I am using Joomla 3.4. Any suggestions?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @treyr3d,

I’m afraid that I will need to take a closer look at your site in order to investigate the problem. You might want to continue your current work and let me know when it’s online so I can check it for you then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum