Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Thanks to Phill, I was able to solve the big problem of Teline IV not displaying in certain browsers.

But, there is still a problem. After I have gone through all of the articles on my site and removed all Microsoft code I could find, I am still having a problem, particularly with Safari, but I believe the other browsers are crashing as well. When I clear the cache, the site works properly for 15-30 minutes. Thereafter, when the cache builds up, the menus stop displaying properly in Safari. If I clear the cache again, everything works properly for a period of time.

Obviously, there is still something that the cache is picking up, but is fine when the cache is cleared. I think I’ve attached a screenshot showing the cache after it has built up for awhile, and when I am experiencing this problem. I will do my best to avoid the temptation to clear the cache again for the next few hours, so give everyone a chance to see what’s happening. http://archetypeinaction.com

Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best regards, Skip Conover

1. Screenshot-of-Cache-2011-07-31_1027
    dlconover Friend

Note: This failure to display the Front Page menus properly only occurs in Safari. Whoops! I spoke too soon. Now the entire template is down once again on all browsers. I will see if clearing the cache solves the issue. … Yes, after clearing the cache the entire site comes up properly in Word, Chrome & Foxpro, but the menus are not properly presented in Safari on the Front Page only. When I click on any article, they do properly present in later pages. As I noted above, I went through all of the html in the articles on the site today, and removed all of the Microsoft coding I could find. Any more ideas?

pritam Friend

Hello dlconover,

I have checked your site . It working and looking good.

dlconover Friend

Pritam, With all due respect, your answer is incorrect. As I stated clearly in earlier parts of this conversation, you MUST be looking at the site through Safari. The problem crops up ONLY after the cache has been building up for 15 minutes or more. At that point, the menus at the top of the front page no longer operate properly. They come out as a simple vertical list, and not as tabs across the top of the page. If I clear the cache, the problem goes away again until the cache builds up once again. There is obviously something going on that is unclear, but you folks are in a better position to figure out what that might be than I am. When I looked at the site through Safari this morning, the same problem had cropped up again. I will continue to clear the cache through the day today, but stop doing so after 10:00 p.m. EDT. This should allow the problem to show to you *through Safari* in your morning tomorrow. Please take another look. This problem is assuredly not solved. :confused:

dlconover Friend

Pritam: I am attaching 4 screen shots, to show you what I am seeing, at 4 different times (in 2 relative periods). At this point of time I am seeing no problem in IE, Firefox, and Chrome, but I am seeing the persistent problem that the menus do not present correctly in Safari after the cache builds up for a period of time. I am not now going to empty the cache (which seems to clear the problem), so you should be able to see the problem clearly if you look at it through Safari.

Since the system only seems to allow me to send one attachment at a time, the first attachment is here, and I will send the next three screenshots in 3 following replies.:((

Best regards, Skip Conover

1. 2011-08-01_1230-Safari-Caching-Problem
    dlconover Friend

Second screenshot. SORRY, for reasons passing understanding, the system will not allow me to upload the other 3 screenshots. BUT, if you look at the site now, through Safari, you will see the problem with the menus. This is a real problem; and it really currently exists, whether or not I can send you the screenshots. :confused:

dlconover Friend

Now, at this point in time, the problem seems to have resolved itself (unless you are using Joomlart’s access to clear the cache yourself). I imagine it will come up again during my night. I have tried again to upload a screenshot, but your system is not accepting it. It is .png within your size limitations.

dlconover Friend

At the moment, this seems to be working properly. I will keep monitoring it through today.

dlconover Friend

Now the problem has reasserted itself once again. This time I have been able to attach 2 screenshots. One shows the improper presentation of the main menu, and the other shows the contents of the cache at that point in time. As usual, once I clear the cache, the problem goes away. And, this is happening only in Safari. :confused:

1. 2011-08-02_0701-Menu-Not-Proper-Before-Clear-Cache
    2. 2011-08-02_0702-Cache-When-Main-Menu-not-proper
    dlconover Friend

Is there anyone out there monitoring these forums? I have disabled caching to see if that helps stop the immediate problem, but the problem still persists, even though I have gone through all articles carefully to get rid of any potentially offending code. Even though I created a trouble ticket on this item, I have had no response except from Pritam, who tells me I am not having a problem. :((

pritam Friend

Hello dlconover,

I have created a bug report regarding your issue . You can check the progress of issue being resolved at the link http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTELINEIV-267

dlconover Friend

I followed your link, but it claims I cannot login. :confused:

himangi Friend

Hi Skip,

Did you check my reply to your other ticket at CYB-984-56402? Can you please check that and close all other tickets related to the same issue?

thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum