Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello, im having some issues with my clients site (informeconstruccion.com)

Im using Joomla 2.5.6 and i installed it using quickstart package.

1) Change date format in headline area. I need the south american format (DD/MM/YY) instead of the american format.
    2) Change the “Last Update” (in the headline area too) to spanish. I cant find where to translate that.
    3) Megamenu icons order: Ive ordered the icons in the Menu Manager->topmega but it still showing as default. (Twitter, facebook, etc icons in the megamenu line) I need to put FB and Twitter togheter.
    4) Home icon in the megamenu. It just dont appear.

5) Important. When read an article, the header, navigation, most of the modules dessapear and the article looks horrible. Please try to read an article and you will see that.

6)Twitter Widget just dont appear: In the old version (TelineIV 1.5) we had a twitter widget using twitter code in a Custom HTML module. Now, when i try to make a new custom module and put the code, joomla erase the code and show nothing.

Plz help me.
    Thanks in advance.

steinar Friend

Hola!

Some suggestins to some of your issues:

1) templates >> ja_teline_iv >> blocks >> topbar.php
    Switch order of month and date lines. Use capital M if you want short moth name instead of number (SEP instead of 09).

[PHP] <p class=”ja-day clearfix”>
    <?php
    echo “<span class=”day”>”.JText::_(strtoupper(date (‘D’))).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”date”>”.date (‘d’).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”month”>”.date (‘M’).”</span>”;
    echo “<span class=”year”>”.date (‘Y’).”</span>”;
    ?>
    </p>[/PHP]

2) templates >> ja_teline_iv >> language >> [your language folder, es-ES?] >> tpl_ja_teline_iv.ini
    LAST_UPDATE=”your translation
    (Just add this line if it isn’t already there)
    You could make this translation in the php file mentioned in the previous paragraph but it is considered prudent to do your translations in the language files whenever possible.

4) Menu manager >> Home page >> Parameters (JA Extended) >> Additional class: home.

nsca Friend

Ty…

Now i need to solve points 3, 5 and 6

nsca Friend

Please, I need to solve the Single article layout problem… Help please!

Stork11 Friend

Hello nsca,

Can you tell me what you customized on your site? It’ll help me diagnose your problem quicker.

Regards.

nsca Friend

Changes in order:

Changed size of ja-thumbnails plugin
    installed ja-slideshow
    installed AL facebook comments modules and plugin

Problems started here:
    installed JCE editor
    Installed All Videos Plugin.
    Changed date/time format
    Added path es-ES to Teline IV template
    Some changes in CSS (like font size, nothing special)

Stork11 Friend

Hello nsca,

I went to your site and saw that layout was normal. No layout problem faced when I went to read an article. Please check and confirm the same.

Regards.

1. Informe-Construcción-Dado-el-éxito-de-Blue-se-presenta-Blue-2-en-pesos-y-con-bajas-expensas
    nsca Friend

I solved point 5 by my own, cause you take toooo much to reply.

I still need help with problem 3 and 6. I cant work in this way, i need answers.

steinar Friend

Hi again,

May I just ask, why can’t you use the twitter module? Have you tried at all?
    I believe the idea is to select the mega position and set the ordering you want inside the module.

nsca Friend

Not module, Twitter module its ok, im asking for the Twitter Widget. I created a new module with Custom HTML, copied and pasted the script that Twitter gives me to show the lastest tweets about a #MyPreferedTopic. Then when i publish the widget they just dont appear, position its ok, visibility its ok, the module with the widget just doesnt appear, and when u go to module manager and open this module, my custom HTML dissapears, shows nothing as if it was saved without code, text or anything.

https://twitter.com/settings/widgets/new

steinar Friend

<em>@nsca 338086 wrote:</em><blockquote>Twitter module its ok, im asking for the Twitter Widget.</blockquote>

Ah, I see. That’s way beyond my competence level.
    Wishing you best of luck as I silently withdraw from this thread!

:-[

nsca Friend

Thank you anyway!

Stork11 Friend

<em>@nsca 337958 wrote:</em><blockquote>I solved point 5 by my own, cause you take toooo much to reply.

I still need help with problem 3 and 6. I cant work in this way, i need answers.</blockquote>
    Hello nsca,

For 3rd problem, I modified “float: right;” style to “float: left;” in “/templates/ja_teline_iv/css/template.css” file, line 509. Then problem was resolved. Please check and confirm the same.

For 6th problem, you should delete “script” element in “Prohibited Elements” of “Editor – TinyMCE” plugin in “Plugin manager”. Then you can add your widget into custom module.

Regards.

1. Informe-Construcción-Administration
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum